Most absurd thing you heard in game...

During the zerk-meta-age it was a common assumption by a lot of people, that food had absolutely no noticable effect at all (for both dungeons & fractals) and people should ignore that feature completely. For almost 5 years, I always carry Bowls of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew and Bowls of Saffron-scented Poultry Soup with me, mostly for the situations when we wipe due to the inability of dodging certain attacks or just lack condition-cleanses. Those two saved my life and the lives of my partymembers coutless of times. But whenever I tried to use them with pugs in fractals or dungeons, I was reminded that food had no use.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd defintely say it's the public (Usually Asura, sometimes Sylvari) ERP. I still don't know how or why i ended up on that particular megaserver instance.

Oh and there was that one time in the Old PvP lobby with people talking about their favorite form of Horse...I'm sure i can't repeat the rest of that here though.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > Mid 2018, very bored so I decided to look at doing some dungeons for old time sake and saw this

> >

> > "15k so minimum, full zerker only" for ac.

>

> Maybe it was a nostalgia run?

It's 1 of the easiest dungeons in the game and could be soloed for heaven sake...

Was running a Crucible of Eternity a some years ago (before the expansions) and this Mesmer refused to come in melee range of Subject Alpha. Not only was he away of any possible buffs, but he was also causing extra red circles to appear, making the fight harder for everyone else. I asked him why he didn't want to come in melee range and he replied "Because he is too ugly"

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Was running a Crucible of Eternity a some years ago (before the expansions) and this Mesmer refused to come in melee range of Subject Alpha. Not only was he away of any possible buffs, but he was also causing extra red circles to appear, making the fight harder for everyone else. I asked him why he didn't want to come in melee range and he replied "Because he is too ugly"

I had someone who refused to kill quaggans. Even if they are corrupted by Jormag.

This was in the Kodan Dungeon. (Forgot the name)

> @"VanHalenRules.5243" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > "No AoE at red"

> > "No CC at blue"

>

> It is kinda funny when people say not to cc blue champ... I've tested it hundreds of times and cc doesn't effect it's movement at all. Pretty sure no aoe at red is a legit thing tho because iirc killing the minions heals the champ.

They do, but vast AoEs either out DPS the minor heals or kill the healing bubbles out of range to heal the boss. Either way, it’s still better to full throttle AoE DPS the boss down.

And the Blue Oasis boss is timer/HP based when moving.

My favourite facepalm is when you have to explain anything to do with Magic Find and what it affects, and people think you’re kidding when you say it doesn’t affect boss/ground chests.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> Guild Wars 2 community is a nice community. But sometimes I have to read some jawdropping absurds on chat that I can't even comprehend how someone can belive it.

>

> Other day I was doing fractals, and there was this one person that was complaining "Oh there must be someone with a lot of toughness on this group". Then I said I had 1,7k (I was running my commander's set on chrono still) and he was like "Man, you are making the dungeon harder for us. Monsters hit harder when there someone with a lot of toughness on the group" (kitten???)

>

> What about you? What are the most absurd things you've read ingame?

Got kicked for not tanking Cairn.

> @"VanHalenRules.5243" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > "No AoE at red"

> > "No CC at blue"

>

> It is kinda funny when people say not to cc blue champ... I've tested it hundreds of times and cc doesn't effect it's movement at all. **Pretty sure no aoe at red is a legit thing tho because iirc killing the minions heals the champ**.

It’s not and we even had a dev state it wasn’t in map chat at one point.

https://i.imgur.com/twSzh2m.png