witcher.3197

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > I suck at this game and without mounts I'd actually have to face reality, now I can just run away from better players and call them names to mask my insecurity

> > > > > >

> > > > > > FTFY

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > oh my silly friend, i'm fully aware i suck at this game.

> > > >

> > > > Then maybe stop giving feedback about things you don't understand.

> > >

> > > Saying that when suggesting the mount should have 1 HP and 1 dodge is just beyond ridiculous

> >

> > In other MMOs getting put in combat means you get dismounted instantly.

>

> You've obviously not played ESO.

Nah I havent. Sounds like they got it wrong too by your comment though lol.

Edit: I lied. I have, but not long at all and definitely not far enough for anything competitive as the core game experience early on bored me.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"JasonLucas.4981" said:

> No.

> I agree it needs some adjustment on the hp and the dodge frames to make it more vulnerable, but 1 hp and 1 dodge? What heck.

I assumed they meant being put in combat by a player dismounts you and that npc or siege damage uses the health pool. Not 1hp across the board. Maybe I was assuming too much lol.

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> >

> > but it's still less miserable than before as you can just use the mount to close the distance on them and start on melee.

>

> I haven't play thief in while, but steal + backstab should take care of the 10k hp on the mount. But mainly, what I quoted there is false, have you try to chase someone on mount with a warrior?

>

>

That still isn't guaranteed and you can dodge it, also it means their biggest offensive cd (steal) is on CD so they can't do their proper burst on you. So you can counterpressure til they reset and then you can mount again. They usually give up after just 1 or 2 burst attempts instead of the previous 20+ attempts and you can actually get somewhere in between. This is really good for the game imo as 15+ resets is the most boring thing I've encountered in any game.

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> >

> > but it's still less miserable than before as you can just use the mount to close the distance on them and start on melee.

>

> I haven't play thief in while, but steal + backstab should take care of the 10k hp on the mount. But mainly, what I quoted there is false, have you try to chase someone on mount with a warrior?

>

>

Steal backstab a target you can't cc that's moving? I haven't played dagger thief in awhile either, but. . .

The only thing this would solve is bringing ganking back again. Not going to happen. The best thing you could hope for is a trap that instantly dismounts people, and don't expect that for a few months to see how things pan out.

Some players are just going to have to face reality that they cannot camp in the enemy's 3rd anymore running from camp to camp ganking people who likely aren't using a build or gear capable of dealing with the ganker. Time to change the build and gear and go participate in the group on your map instead or go to PvP.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> Steal backstab a target you can't cc that's moving? I haven't played dagger thief in awhile either, but. . .

steal+backstab combo is instant, 1 hit the mount and the player is stun. You're not gonna be able to do it while chasing someone, but you can catch them running by. Better than what most other class can do vs people on mount.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > I suck at this game and without mounts I'd actually have to face reality, now I can just run away from better players and call them names to mask my insecurity

> > > > >

> > > > > FTFY

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > oh my silly friend, i'm fully aware i suck at this game.

> > >

> > > Then maybe stop giving feedback about things you don't understand.

> >

> > Saying that when suggesting the mount should have 1 HP and 1 dodge is just beyond ridiculous

>

> No he had a point. You shouldn't give feedback on things you don't understand in a matter of fact way. OP isn't wrong. In other MMOs getting put in combat means you get dismounted instantly. Nobody has an issue with how mounts work there. Why? Because that is where it started. Balanced. Offers mobility. No combat advantages. Which is what this should have been and is almost what we were told it would be.

no, he didn't. you don't need to be a pro mlg gamer to understand the game or recognize when somebody is salty because his cheese tactics have become harder to pull off

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > I suck at this game and without mounts I'd actually have to face reality, now I can just run away from better players and call them names to mask my insecurity

> > > > > >

> > > > > > FTFY

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > oh my silly friend, i'm fully aware i suck at this game.

> > > >

> > > > Then maybe stop giving feedback about things you don't understand.

> > >

> > > Saying that when suggesting the mount should have 1 HP and 1 dodge is just beyond ridiculous

> >

> > No he had a point. You shouldn't give feedback on things you don't understand in a matter of fact way. OP isn't wrong. In other MMOs getting put in combat means you get dismounted instantly. Nobody has an issue with how mounts work there. Why? Because that is where it started. Balanced. Offers mobility. No combat advantages. Which is what this should have been and is almost what we were told it would be.

>

> no, he didn't. you don't need to be a pro mlg gamer to understand the game or recognize when somebody is salty because his cheese tactics have become harder to pull off

Just because I kill you doesnt mean Im playing something cheesy. It means you're out of position and/or I'm the better player. That is all. Why is everyone so sensitive about this. If I'm not the better player. Then you were out of position. If I am the better player... Then your positioning wouldnt have been relevant if I was already attacking you. You guys looking for safe places even in pvp game modes now. Participation trophies galore.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > I suck at this game and without mounts I'd actually have to face reality, now I can just run away from better players and call them names to mask my insecurity

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > FTFY

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > oh my silly friend, i'm fully aware i suck at this game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then maybe stop giving feedback about things you don't understand.

> > > >

> > > > Saying that when suggesting the mount should have 1 HP and 1 dodge is just beyond ridiculous

> > >

> > > No he had a point. You shouldn't give feedback on things you don't understand in a matter of fact way. OP isn't wrong. In other MMOs getting put in combat means you get dismounted instantly. Nobody has an issue with how mounts work there. Why? Because that is where it started. Balanced. Offers mobility. No combat advantages. Which is what this should have been and is almost what we were told it would be.

> >

> > no, he didn't. you don't need to be a pro mlg gamer to understand the game or recognize when somebody is salty because his cheese tactics have become harder to pull off

>

> Just because I kill you doesnt mean Im playing something cheesy. It means you're out of position and/or I'm the better player. That is all. Why is everyone so sensitive about this. If I'm not the better player. Then you were out of position. If I am the better player... Then your positioning wouldnt have been relevant if I was already attacking you. You guys looking for safe places even in pvp game modes now. Participation trophies galore.

that's completely irrelevant to my argument. i can apreciate a good player but the ppl who're crying that mounts killed roaming because they can't kill ppl that don't want to fight them aren't good players. and before you say it, no, the reason ppl don't want to fight gankers is not because they're pve scrubs that want a safespace, it's because ppl want large scale pvp and gankers are wasting their time.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Sansar.1302" said:

> > a easy way to dismount is rly needed, having a hard time geting ANY figths at all now

>

> What you are describing isn't really a fight.

and what would you know about that ? where you there did you see the classes and numbers i tried to figth ?

Why would you do that ? As long time roamer , i think this was best update for those who wish to avoid 1v1 fights so far. As roamer, do you really feel that good killing blob build players trying to catch up with their blob ? IS your fun making videos of 1vx babies ?

Roaming is not spawn camping staff eles/revs trying to run to their tag. Its called ganking or lame , chose one. In case you still wish to farm enemy that cant really defend itself vs your roaming build, there is great zone for that , its called Cursed shore in pve. Mobs there have same chance to fight as blobers you try to gank.

Mounts are shaking a bit meta, they leave space for new tactics and change of pace. I give it that they still have mechanical issues but those can be fixed, what i suggest you to do, change ur attitude. Roaming is not dead, but skilless ganking is affected , and its a great thing.

> @"Pache.9406" said:

> Seems to me like you suck at this game. And you have to face reality now, that you can't gank better players, and have to either face them on a real fight, or finally get good at the game, **stop them from escaping, and earn the kill for the first time in your life**. Stay salty!

What?? There are far and few builds that can force dismount

I always thought gankers were those types of players who avoided even fights and always sought to make dirty +1s or gtfo if caught. Since when a player who just wants to fight a player in a pvp gamemode considered a ganker ? And this meme about roaming = ganking... Yeah, of course you're going to see more mesmers, thieves, rangers as roamers cause they are designed for that kind of play, same as why you see more necromancers and guards in zergs. Is it really so hard to grasp ? The only thing this mount promotes is actually the real "ganking" since players can now easily gtfo from the fights and quickly come back when they got their mates or when the conditions are favorable to them. It also gives such specs as reapers the same level of mobility as thieves' shortbow 5 which is conceptually wrong. The only thing this mount does is making things conceptually wrong.

People who enter a pvp gamemode should be prepared to face a hostile player, be they zerg players, pve daily farmers, roamers or duel spot campers. If you can't get to your zerg on your zerg build then it's your problem (same as a roamer who faces a zerg and can't escape it).

1. 6K HP

2. 2 dodges only

3. 1 stack of stability (10 min duration) applied when you mount up only.

The stability will help you survive the first hard CC but is only applied once when you mount up. If you get CC the stability is removed and you get put into combat. You will need to dismount, get out of combat and re mount to get the stability again.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Ignorant players like this are the ones to simple in the head to realize That attitude promotes the death of the game lmao. Yes all players that have rolled my unskilled kitten has left me but hurt so I want them all to quit and leave the game than names a third of the classes lol unreal

This ^^

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > Something tells me op plays thief, if you roam on anything but soulbeast/thief/mirage you're very happy about the mount. For the record op, resetting a fight 17 times isn't actually fighting, it's boring the enemy to death

> >

> > I roam on core war, and mount is terrible. Everyone avoid fight until they have more people, then they start getting brave and give chase.

> >

> > This is funny because soulbeast , thief have the best chance of getting someone off the mount.

> Core Warr is broken in WvW roaming so nice that you haven't fun anymore. I hope you quit - like all the thief, mes and soulbeast gankers whining in this thread. We got it! You don't like the way the game develops. And we don't care.

>

> I hope the mount will stay. And it will stay. ANet does balance this game mode for mass-fights for a reason. And the reason is not to allow over-sustained specs like yours to get rewards not matching your skill level.

>

> For years the same idiots (calling themself roamers and duellists but were just broken spec abusers) were spawn-camping our server during non-primetime to farm everything they can. They are all gone and that is just great.

>

Imagine exposing your lack of in game ability this much with a single post.

First off they do little balancing around large scale. Most of the balancing we get is trickle down from PvP balancing and they decide whether or not it gets moved to WvW or stays with the PvE variation. The idea you even think large scale matters more than other forms of fighting is ridiculous. You're not that important. No one way of playing in WvW is. Over sustainy 'cheesy builds'? You the zergling running around with hammers hitting for 15k pressing 2 buttons the whole engagement talking about skill. I wish we were in the same matchup. I'd want all the smoke the way your posts come across. Meet you at the windmill on the same build you running type smoke.