What to do on a Dead Dragonstand map? How to farm pods? - [Merged]

Very often there is a meta run done shortly after reset. One of my guilds does a Boss Train first, then moves on to Dragon's Stand. The other, a bunch of night owls, does it later. They did all the HoT maps tonight. I just joined after running with them all evening, so not sure of their exact schedule, but it's being done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> As people move on from HoT maps, the map like Dragonstand will die off since its just one big meta event map.

>

> Currently its a dead map. for hours on end, reset after reset people dont come to do the meta, making it harder to farm pods on the map for Legendary mats.

>

> This map need some lower tier events and hearts so people would come and do stuff other than the Meta to progress their character without need to do the metas.

>

> Each lane is getting lower and lower on the pod spawn rate on non meta maps. please do something about this.

I just tend to check the LFG's and join when it is on.

Alternatively, sometimes I just show up on the map and there is 3 commanders having a go at it.

Or I work with people to start up a map instance, once someone gets the ball rolling, people pile on quick enough.

• 1 year later...

Give us more ways to farm Crystalline Ore please. DS is a beautiful map, just create more events in there, and make enemies drop crystalline ore. DS meta is too long and Crystalline Ore drop rate way too low.

In anyway vendors are asking for too much Crystalline Ore. Either they can reduce asking for Crystalline Ore or have more Noxious Pods around.

Last but not least kindly have Dragonite Ores and or Empyreal Fragments exchangeable for Crystalline Ore pls. We have way too many Dragonite Ores and Empyreal Fragments.

Put one in the Guild Hall or something...

It isn't dead. You're just showing up at the wrong time, so you end up on dead overflow maps. That's how DS has always been and these same complaints were being made from the beginning. You have to show up a little before map reset so you get on a map that is filling up and preparing for the meta. Since the meta is long and requires 3 squads, people rarely leave once the events start, making it difficult to get into a map once it is already full.

This topic is from August 2019, about a year and a half ago so a lot of the replies may be out of date.

Having said that I don't think Dragon's Stand has been dead at any time, but it is probably the prime example of a map where you need to use LFG and some planning to get into an active map rather than simply showing up when the event starts. So if you're not in the habit of doing that it's probably not clear immediately how frequently it does get done.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> This topic is from August 2019, about a year and a half ago so a lot of the replies may be out of date.

>

> Having said that I don't think Dragon's Stand has been dead at any time, but it is probably the prime example of a map where you need to use LFG and some planning to get into an active map rather than simply showing up when the event starts. So if you're not in the habit of doing that it's probably not clear immediately how frequently it does get done.

Lol, have not even noticed. Just saw that someone rantet about my favorite meta event xD. Some things never die.

It’s possible to get a decent amount of ore without an active map. It’ll take longer but it’s still very much doable.

On an off-topic matter, has there ever been any benefit to necro-ing a thread that’s over six months old versus just creating a new one? It just seems the necroed threads often create confusion due to when posts were created.

Dragonstand isn't any more dead now than it was 4 years ago. You're timing is just bad to drop into a meta people have started. Though it is annoying when commanders close their LFG when it isn't near finishing.

If anything I would like a node or at least a better purchase rate with guild commendations. 1 for 1 is trash, but 1 for 10 makes more sense.

Give us more ways to farm Crystalline Ore. DS map could use more events, more noxious pods, enemies need to drop crystalline ore too.

Pls have Dragonite Ores and or Empyreal Fragments exchangeable for Crystalline Ore. We got too many Dragonite Ores and Empyreal Fragments. :/ Why don't you give Crystalline Ore output in Guildhall or something. The Dragonstand meta takes too long and awards too little Crystalline Ore. Such shortage such a pain.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > There are a few pods scattered across the lanes that are there all the time, regardless of event status, so you can take a character (or a few) through the contested map, hunting out those pods. Of course it's slower than opening pods on a full map, but if you can't find an active map in lfg this is the way to go.

>

> are they unique per character?

Yes. So you can open them on each of your characters. With mounts this goes pretty quickly. You will generally end up in the same instance so you should keep track of the pod locations so you can go faster on your second and later characters.