Watch the trailer for Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire!

Well done Anet. I know I wasn't that bluffed nor excited by the two first episodes of the Saga. But I did saw interesting things there.

1-A charr adventure that looks really cool with a badass tank and a giant molten golem.

2-A familiar evil sylvari face I thought I would sadly never see again, coming straight from LS1.

3-An upgradable hub: Eye of the North. I'm skeptical and excited: I see rata novan golems in the trailer. Don't miss your chance Anet, I definitely this is the moment to link Gw1 to Gw2 story through several "visions" aka missions in the past: The fall of Quora sum, following the migration of kodan/norn, more about charrs: Maybe flame legion/olmakhan or blood legion past? -> I think that ryland mission will be very interesting regarding that. I also hope that upgrade will not be as bad as the sun refuge. Real upgrade, like crafting stations (saw them in trailer) services like banks, npcs for it etc! Don't want another sunrefuge.

4-Armor: Well. I'm batman! (the one to the left)

5-The 17 march. Very impatient, but vigilant, staying on a neutral position until release.

6-Almorra? Have I heard Almorra?

I'm happy to see ls1 coming back, experienced it the first time but not completely due to several exams. I now have hope that SAB may be finished one day; never say never. I always knew that ls1 assets were still here, in nightmare CM you can actually see the knights from assault on LA.

I know some other similar threads appeared, feel free to merge with official dev thread.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks interesting. Glad to get a sense of something meatier and longer term coming to the game (although it's just my own impression, of course). How will the LS1 episodes fit into the story journal?

I'm curious to see how we "earn" these rewards, hope it's not just random drops or massive gold sinks.

Edit: I'm also looking forward to playing as a member of the Steel warband, I enjoyed the Cáithe mission, it's a nice change of pace and a good way of telling another character's story. Certainly beats cutscenes.

Holy s***! The amount of stuff there :)

Playing as Ryland might suggest some sort of solo mission (I played again some old MMO last week, and I was thinking of how GW2 doesn't have any dungeon/instance for solo players; which is not a bad thing in the end... less players farming mats and gold rather than playing in group. But if it's well done - not very farming - it could be interesting). But I'll probably completely miss the point here.

And that LW1 replayable at the end? Lol, it could have been a whole patch on its own. Maybe it's only few missions, not the whole story, but even so, it's a great news.

I don't even think it's already 3 months from last episode (or at least it seems less for me). You guys are awesome!

I am genuinely excited for the release. However I am concerned with the design of the strike missions. Currently, there isn't much to them as its just fighting a single boss in a large open area. I am not sure how this is exciting or fun to play. The purpose of dungeons/fractals and raids is to get a group of people and have them encounter different enemies, terrain and mechanics that require some level of teamwork and engagement. What the strike missions lack is engagement with other players. There is literally no need for any sort of communication between players completing a strike mission. You can replace all the players with AI and the experience will be the same. I feel that as the game adds updates, the strike missions should have some depth (like a mini story), levels that require a different approach, thrash mobs and multiple bosses (yes more like a raid or a dungeon!). However I feel like strike missions can be broken up into multiple levels over various updates leading up to a bad ass boss. That is having one strike mission released in parts over multiple updates. This way, people would be excited for a new update. Each update can add mechanics, different achievements, areas, etc, etc.

Hall of Monuments was a great location in Gw1 where you could display your achievments, titles, minis, prestigious armour and weapons etc

Having it back in Gw2 has been something a lot of us have wanted for a good while now.

When it was revealed at the end of the last episode I was both happy and worried that it wouldn't be used to it's full potential as a location.

I was very much hoping that it would become an upgradable HUB location like the Suns Refuge, only better and not made obsolete in newer content.

I really am excited to find out what the HoM is going to be like in Gw2 ^^ it's a huge location with so much potential.

Like the last trailer, not really anything to excite me. I guess I'm just not a fan of LS style content. Skins look nice but I feel the game is already saturated in nice skins. Looks like more single player content, recycling LS1 to hook in some nostalgia. I'm not saying this cant be good content, I'm just very skeptical. In this players selfish personal desires this is not what I'm looking for as far as content. I guess it's something though.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> I know this is amazing! I do also hope reintroducing S1 content will also make available at least some portion of the AP that’s missing, since that’s plagued the game for years. Not sure if we’ll see that though

Unlikely as I don't see Anet excluding veteran players from new AP even on such recycled content.

I'm excited. Iron forge man is back (again) and I'm wondering if they're turning the LS1 marionette fight into a strike mission.

I'm digging the armours and ideas in this one.

I'm also glad they have an updated, updated eotn that serves a bigger function now,than gw1 cheevo armours.

> @"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:

> What is this set and when can i get it? I've really wanted a 'true' mage robe look <3

That skin is not available in-game, it's only used by Lady Camilla, an npc around Kourna (also the npc in that screenshot), so if she is promo screenshots she's gonna play a role in the next release.

> @"BlackBullWings.2734" said:

> Full hype ahead!Finally I get to see how we met dragon's watch.

>

> Btw the trailer said "unlock new rifle/pistol/staff skills" anyone know if these are also for outside the missions?

I'm pretty sure it said skins, not skills.

I just finished watching it I LOVE the weapon variant rewards, provided of course they are not attached to strike missions, PvP, raid, WvW play!!! So far I am supper excited!!!! I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 the gw1 call backs! Just please for the love of the game.....Dungeon rewards from dungeons, fractal rewards from fractals, PvP rewards from PvP, Story for Story!!!!

BTW.................FR$%^&R%&%$^& AWESOME!!!!!!! LWS1 returns!!!!! 10/10!!! keep it going team! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > I know this is amazing! I do also hope reintroducing S1 content will also make available at least some portion of the AP that’s missing, since that’s plagued the game for years. Not sure if we’ll see that though

>

> Unlikely as I don't see Anet excluding veteran players from new AP even on such recycled content.

Of course, that would kind of be the same problem in reverse, and it would just be weird. I was hoping more like they’d find a way to return at least some of the exact old achievements. So veteran players aren’t excluded, if they played back then they already have that. I know the content is being reimplemented a different way but maybe a few of the achievements could still work.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Looks like a lot more than expected. Disappointed we have to play as a character not our own again - I hate that with a passion, but there's a lot of good and unexpected stuff in there too.

It looked like someone (the charr we play I believe) was using guardian skills so at least it’s not something totally random and broken

I said it during se3 and 4 and ill say it again, this faster (and so far pretty consistent) release cadense is much better for the game imo.

Alot more content than i was expecting, keep up the good work.

Edit: i dont want to be negative, but why didnt you guys post this trailer during your pax event? This would've created so much more buzz and excitement around the game.

I honestly didnt expect an earnable cape skin... and the armors (plural holy shit) look good too.

Very solid release (but not fractal feelsbadman).

And it feels so soon after ep2, the new faster cadense is really doing alot for me personally, it feels like the game is more alive.