Most Broken Spec isnt Necro or FB

Max.2415

Hitting hard with DJ requires a punishable setup now:

1) Mark

2) Gain 5/7 malice by actually attacking the enemy

3) Stealth up

4) Burst

Well, step 2 shouldn't happen most of the time. Don't let him freecast maybe? Or adapt your gameplay/playstyle to the enemy comp? Deadeyes are running Bers Amu and most likely CS btw which is pretty ez to punish boiiiiiiii

look up what i wrote :D not much what u can do when its activated from stealth out of a blind angel. But to give you an answer to your question, no i dont know which gunsound is dedicated to which skill from the deadeye and i kinda dont want to learn the sound to each skill of the game, this is a bid ridicoulous dont you think? but yeah i can understand your point somehow. And no i dont play with my eyes closed and no sound on lol :'D

> @"GewRoo.4172" said:

> Hitting hard with DJ requires a punishable setup now:

>

> 1) Mark

> 2) Gain 5/7 malice by actually attacking the enemy

> 3) Stealth up

> 4) Burst

>

> Well, step 2 shouldn't happen most of the time. Don't let him freecast maybe? Or adapt your gameplay/playstyle to the enemy comp? Deadeyes are running Bers Amu and most likely CS btw which is pretty ez to punish boiiiiiiii

>

>

Wrong.

Their setup is insanely easy to pull off and land.

Binding Shadow is op and needs to be nerfed because it can be pre-casted from stealth with 0 tell and it CCs + Immobilizes + Boon rips + inflicts 15 stacks of

Vulnerability for an easy loaded DJ.

What they do is Mark > Kneel + Spotter's spam > Roll > Binding Shadow > DJ

Nerf Binding Shadow.

This skill is disgustingly overloaded and has no counterplay right now in the world where Stunbreaks and Stability got nerfed, and even if the knockdown fails, it immobilizes as well.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Ok fair point about 11k hits but do you play with your eyes closed, and or no sound? Because deaths judgement have both very clear audio and visual tells, the audio even over rides all other sounds just like voice overs in combat

Honestly i hate turning my ingame sound on just for this 1 skill, everything else doesnt need sound to be active.

After 7+ years of the same sounds i dont want to hear this kitten, i want to listen to music while playing.

It was just kitten to make it an audio tell, and the visual tell is not very clear.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"GewRoo.4172" said:

> > Hitting hard with DJ requires a punishable setup now:

> >

> > 1) Mark

> > 2) Gain 5/7 malice by actually attacking the enemy

> > 3) Stealth up

> > 4) Burst

> >

> > Well, step 2 shouldn't happen most of the time. Don't let him freecast maybe? Or adapt your gameplay/playstyle to the enemy comp? Deadeyes are running Bers Amu and most likely CS btw which is pretty ez to punish boiiiiiiii

> >

> >

>

> Wrong.

> Their setup is insanely easy to pull off and land.

>

> Binding Shadow is op and needs to be nerfed because it can be pre-casted from stealth with 0 tell and it instantly CCs + Immobilizes + Boon rips + inflicts 15 stacks of Vulnerability for an easy loaded DJ.

>

> Nerf Binding Shadow.

> This skill is disgustingly overloaded and has no counterplay right now in the world where Stunbreaks and Stability got nerfed, and even if the knockdown fails, it immobilizes as well.

You are wrong.

Even if you land Binding Shadow which I agree is bad design post patch DJ won't hit that high if

1) Malice is not stacked

2) Zerker stats and CS trait line (DA maybe?!) aren't taken even if Vuln isn't cleansed.

BS is a great low effort set up, true. Dmg could be tuned down, also true. Nevertheless it's still not that hard to shut down this build.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > Ok fair point about 11k hits but do you play with your eyes closed, and or no sound? Because deaths judgement have both very clear audio and visual tells, the audio even over rides all other sounds just like voice overs in combat

>

> Honestly i hate turning my ingame sound on just for this 1 skill, everything else doesnt need sound to be active.

>

> After 7+ years of the same sounds i dont want to hear this kitten, i want to listen to music while playing.

>

> It was just kitten to make it an audio tell, and the visual tell is not very clear.

I too play with sound turned to minimum and blasting music over it. However, whenever winning is important, music is off, ingame sound on. You get all sorts of information from ingame sound, you can know half of the things happening behind your back without even looking. It's definitely not just to dodge DJ in time.

I really hope noone playing with sound off is asking for nerfs/buffs to anything.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > Ok fair point about 11k hits but do you play with your eyes closed, and or no sound? Because deaths judgement have both very clear audio and visual tells, the audio even over rides all other sounds just like voice overs in combat

> >

> > Honestly i hate turning my ingame sound on just for this 1 skill, everything else doesnt need sound to be active.

> >

> > After 7+ years of the same sounds i dont want to hear this kitten, i want to listen to music while playing.

> >

> > It was just kitten to make it an audio tell, and the visual tell is not very clear.

>

> I too play with sound turned to minimum and blasting music over it. However, whenever winning is important, music is off, ingame sound on. You get all sorts of information from ingame sound, you can know half of the things happening behind your back without even looking. It's definitely not just to dodge DJ in time.

> I really hope noone playing with sound off is asking for nerfs/buffs to anything.

OP turns brain off.

Again, you won't get hit with 11k+ from stealth if he did not worked for it beforehand kiddooooo git gud monkeeee

> > @"Max.2415" said:

> > yeah he did :D he clearly was a rly good DE i dont try to deny that. But still, skills with this high burst potential should have a telegraph atleast like classes as ranger and so on

>

> How more telegraphed do you want dj to be?

good question, maybe something like an laser tag - would fit the sniper theme as well :D give it 1 sec reaction time and i would not complain about it

> @"Max.2415" said:

> > > @"Max.2415" said:

> > > yeah he did :D he clearly was a rly good DE i dont try to deny that. But still, skills with this high burst potential should have a telegraph atleast like classes as ranger and so on

> >

> > How more telegraphed do you want dj to be?

>

> good question, maybe something like an laser tag - would fit the sniper theme as well :D give it 1 sec reaction time and i would not complain about it

It is already 3/4 second big red lazer pointing at you with a very distinctive sound. Not defending the 11k hits here but you shouldn't be complaining that there is no counter to this stealth attack

> @"GewRoo.4172" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > Ok fair point about 11k hits but do you play with your eyes closed, and or no sound? Because deaths judgement have both very clear audio and visual tells, the audio even over rides all other sounds just like voice overs in combat

> > >

> > > Honestly i hate turning my ingame sound on just for this 1 skill, everything else doesnt need sound to be active.

> > >

> > > After 7+ years of the same sounds i dont want to hear this kitten, i want to listen to music while playing.

> > >

> > > It was just kitten to make it an audio tell, and the visual tell is not very clear.

> >

> > I too play with sound turned to minimum and blasting music over it. However, whenever winning is important, music is off, ingame sound on. You get all sorts of information from ingame sound, you can know half of the things happening behind your back without even looking. It's definitely not just to dodge DJ in time.

> > I really hope noone playing with sound off is asking for nerfs/buffs to anything.

>

> OP turns brain off.

>

> Again, you won't get hit with 11k+ from stealth if he did not worked for it beforehand kiddooooo git gud monkeeee

well this is an classic internet discussion right now haha, you can have a different opinion like me or others that posted here, thats fine - just dont insult ppl okay :D

As others have said, the problem is not DJ. It's Binding Shadow that sets up for it which is difficult/impossible to avoid.

However, this build is still pretty low priority to be nerfed IMO. Necro & FB are way more of a problem at the moment.

> > @"Max.2415" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > @"Max.2415" said:

> > > > yeah he did :D he clearly was a rly good DE i dont try to deny that. But still, skills with this high burst potential should have a telegraph atleast like classes as ranger and so on

> > >

> > > How more telegraphed do you want dj to be?

> >

> > good question, maybe something like an laser tag - would fit the sniper theme as well :D give it 1 sec reaction time and i would not complain about it

>

> It is already 3/4 second big red lazer pointing at you with a very distinctive sound. Not defending the 11k hits here but you shouldn't be complaining that there is no counter to this stealth attack

yeah you are right, my fault then - then there is counterplay against it. Whats you thoughts on the cd of that skill and the dmg scaling? Do you think its balanced atm or is it to strong

> @"Max.2415" said:

> yeah he did :D he clearly was a rly good DE i dont try to deny that. But still, skills with this high burst potential should have a telegraph atleast like classes as ranger and so on

DE's mark and burst is arguably the most telegraphed skill in the game, I think the devs added the telegraph due to DE's high stealth uptime.

My issue with DE is how easy it is for me to spam imobilize on a target with rifle kneel skill but I guess most players are ok how it is so meh.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> Wrong.

> Their setup is insanely easy to pull off and land.

> Binding Shadow is op and needs to be nerfed because it can be pre-casted from stealth with 0 tell and it CCs + Immobilizes + Boon rips + inflicts 15 stacks of

> Vulnerability for an easy loaded DJ.

> What they do is Mark > Kneel + Spotter's spam > Roll > Binding Shadow > DJ

> **Nerf Binding Shadow.**

> This skill is disgustingly overloaded and has no counterplay right now in the world where Stunbreaks and Stability got nerfed, and even if the knockdown fails, it immobilizes as well.

Agreed.

At the very least the skill should have a telegraph whether or not it is casted from stealth. It should probably reveal you when you use it.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> Agreed.

> At the very least the skill should have a telegraph whether or not it is casted from stealth. It should probably reveal you when you use it.

I think it should just have the Immobilize removed and replaced with Cripple instead.

Robbing the target of a dodge when their basic and only way of avoiding DJ is a dodge is just a cheap honestly.

Knockdown is still fine, there are ways to get over it.

Immobilize on top of that? Hell no.

I can't tell yu how many times I have been Spotter's spammed into Binding and DJ and if I live, too bad, I got hit by Panic Strike and I'm still Immobilized.

Screw this design for real, it really has no counter play unless yur playing Weaver or Warrior or something that can readily and reliably stunbreak AND remove immobilize within the span of 3 seconds while Spotter's spam is still pinning yu down.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

>

> > Agreed.

> > At the very least the skill should have a telegraph whether or not it is casted from stealth. It should probably reveal you when you use it.

>

> I think it should just have the Immobilize removed and replaced with Cripple instead.

> Robbing the target of a dodge when their basic and only way of avoiding DJ is a dodge is just a cheap honestly.

>

> Knockdown is still fine, there are ways to get over it.

> Immobilize on top of that? Hell no.

>

> I can't tell yu how many times I have been Spotter's spammed into Binding and DJ and if I live, too bad, I got hit by Panic Strike and I'm still Immobilized.

>

> Screw this design for real, it really has no counter play unless yur playing Weaver or Warrior or something that can readily and reliably stunbreak AND remove immobilize within the span of 3 seconds while Spotter's spam is still pinning yu down.

>

I hear ya on that.

It's important to realize the meta shift has affected DE indirectly. Before this iteration anything sneezing on a Deadeye would remove them from the mortal coil because of how glassy they had to spec to do anything.

Now that they have more time to respond to anything touching them, they have effectively been buffed and their damage/utility setup needs to be revisited to allow more room for damage delivery. They're speccing glassy for free because glass doesn't instadie now.

They could probably do with a reduction to spotters shot and binding shadow immob. Binding Shadow should either immob or knock you down depending on mark status, not both.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

>

> > Agreed.

> > At the very least the skill should have a telegraph whether or not it is casted from stealth. It should probably reveal you when you use it.

>

> I think it should just have the Immobilize removed and replaced with Cripple instead.

> Robbing the target of a dodge when their basic and only way of avoiding DJ is a dodge is just a cheap honestly.

>

> Knockdown is still fine, there are ways to get over it.

> Immobilize on top of that? Hell no.

>

> I can't tell yu how many times I have been Spotter's spammed into Binding and DJ and if I live, too bad, I got hit by Panic Strike and I'm still Immobilized.

>

> Screw this design for real, it really has no counter play unless yur playing Weaver or Warrior or something that can readily and reliably stunbreak AND remove immobilize within the span of 3 seconds while Spotter's spam is still pinning yu down.

>

>

This I agree on. Giving a class a spamable imob at range is crazy for sure. Cripple would have been far better as it's still a movement impairment but not as oppressive as imobilize. Or give the imobilize effect a 8 sec icd

> @"Max.2415" said:

> yeah he did :D he clearly was a rly good DE i dont try to deny that. But still, skills with this high burst potential should have a telegraph atleast like classes as ranger and so on

Uh, DJ is the single most telegraphed skill in the game. It has a bright orange line between the DE and you, and the most obnoxious sound effect in the game to ensure that you cant ignore it. How did you not notice either?

> @"Max.2415" said:

> > > @"Max.2415" said:

> > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > @"Max.2415" said:

> > > > > yeah he did :D he clearly was a rly good DE i dont try to deny that. But still, skills with this high burst potential should have a telegraph atleast like classes as ranger and so on

> > > >

> > > > How more telegraphed do you want dj to be?

> > >

> > > good question, maybe something like an laser tag - would fit the sniper theme as well :D give it 1 sec reaction time and i would not complain about it

> >

> > It is already 3/4 second big red lazer pointing at you with a very distinctive sound. Not defending the 11k hits here but you shouldn't be complaining that there is no counter to this stealth attack

>

> yeah you are right, my fault then - then there is counterplay against it. Whats you thoughts on the cd of that skill and the dmg scaling? Do you think its balanced atm or is it to strong

Its weak, even. Sure it hits hard, but thanks to how insanely telegraphed it is, it should never hit against a good player. But thats fine, really, Rifles unkneeled 2 is the damage dealing skill anyway. I wouldnt be opposed to a rework of DJ tbh, its kinda silly how much of your damage is loaded into a skill that never hits, but I also wouldnt know what to replace it with.