Bast.7253

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't forget: Spinal shivers 1200 yard range 3 boon removal chill that does 9.1k damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Where did you get these numbers from? My best Spinal Shivers crit was around 4k with tons of Might and other buffs and 3 boons on opponent. On average is more likely 2k - 3 k crits.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > you sure you talking about the same skill?

> > > > spinal shiver

> > > > Damage—Three Boons: 867 (2.625)?

> > > > over 2.6 coof

> > >

> > > The coeff doesn't mean what you think it does if you completely ignore weapon power.

> > >

> > > It could use a damage shave but its meant to, and always will be, a strong single target ability that punishes boons.

> > >

> > > That the skill is being complained about just shows how much boon creep there has been since the chances of hitting the upper bracket if this skills damage has become almost 100% over the years.

> > >

> > > You may think "I don't have any boons" but based on the current game state you almost always have at have at least 2 from doing absolutely nothing but existing.

> > >

> >

> > meta mesmer has access to only 1 boon.

> > vigor and it doesnt even have 50% uptime.

> > So yes, If I fight reaper in 1v1 and he crits me with it for 5k there is a problem, since AT BEST I can have 2 boons. 1 is vigor after shattering ( at best 20% uptime ) and another is a stolen boon with sigil of absorption.

> >

> > And honestly entire concept of punishing boons is kitten kitten. Almost nothing punishes boons in this game, most boonrips are even less effective against people that have lots of boons, after all holo with 8 boons doesnt give a kitten when he loses 3, but warrior that has 3 boons is going to have problems when he loses them all.

> I've done the math in another thread. It is impossible for the skill to crit for 5k in pvp when 1 boon is removed. Denying that is really pointless. You are argumenting based on your imagination but not on facts.

>

> And I use this skill each day for years now. In pvp on a berserker or marauder build you can expect between 500 (no boon, no crit) and 6000 (3 boons including protection removed, critical hit, a bit of self might, a bit of vuln. on the target) damage from it. Everything above is extremely rare and you can not realistically build for it.

>

> The hyperbole is huge in this forum. In the lich threads people said it deals 7+k damage "with ease". The reality is that this is the absolute max for a pve build (zerk amulet, all damage modifiers, no defense) on a light armor target.

Don’t mind explaining fact to these people, they argue without using their brains.

Spinal shiver is strong but not as op as other skills like power rev ones or renegade shiro sevenshots.

You crit 6k a few times and on buffed target.

More than 6k means that ur build is kitten and you are playing without armor.

It’s funny how no one complains about guards spamming ultra damage shit and being easy asf to play or shiro renegade not being mentioned. But hey let’s tone down the most counterable class in the game cause it killed me gne gne.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"AleCenta.2190" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Don't forget: Spinal shivers 1200 yard range 3 boon removal chill that does 9.1k damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where did you get these numbers from? My best Spinal Shivers crit was around 4k with tons of Might and other buffs and 3 boons on opponent. On average is more likely 2k - 3 k crits.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > you sure you talking about the same skill?

> > > > > spinal shiver

> > > > > Damage—Three Boons: 867 (2.625)?

> > > > > over 2.6 coof

> > > >

> > > > The coeff doesn't mean what you think it does if you completely ignore weapon power.

> > > >

> > > > It could use a damage shave but its meant to, and always will be, a strong single target ability that punishes boons.

> > > >

> > > > That the skill is being complained about just shows how much boon creep there has been since the chances of hitting the upper bracket if this skills damage has become almost 100% over the years.

> > > >

> > > > You may think "I don't have any boons" but based on the current game state you almost always have at have at least 2 from doing absolutely nothing but existing.

> > > >

> > >

> > > meta mesmer has access to only 1 boon.

> > > vigor and it doesnt even have 50% uptime.

> > > So yes, If I fight reaper in 1v1 and he crits me with it for 5k there is a problem, since AT BEST I can have 2 boons. 1 is vigor after shattering ( at best 20% uptime ) and another is a stolen boon with sigil of absorption.

> > >

> > > And honestly entire concept of punishing boons is kitten kitten. Almost nothing punishes boons in this game, most boonrips are even less effective against people that have lots of boons, after all holo with 8 boons doesnt give a kitten when he loses 3, but warrior that has 3 boons is going to have problems when he loses them all.

> > I've done the math in another thread. It is impossible for the skill to crit for 5k in pvp when 1 boon is removed. Denying that is really pointless. You are argumenting based on your imagination but not on facts.

> >

> > And I use this skill each day for years now. In pvp on a berserker or marauder build you can expect between 500 (no boon, no crit) and 6000 (3 boons including protection removed, critical hit, a bit of self might, a bit of vuln. on the target) damage from it. Everything above is extremely rare and you can not realistically build for it.

> >

> > The hyperbole is huge in this forum. In the lich threads people said it deals 7+k damage "with ease". The reality is that this is the absolute max for a pve build (zerk amulet, all damage modifiers, no defense) on a light armor target.

>

> Don’t mind explaining fact to these people, they argue without using their brains.

> Spinal shiver is strong but not as op as other skills like power rev ones or renegade shiro sevenshots.

> You crit 6k a few times and on buffed target.

> More than 6k means that ur build is kitten and you are playing without armor.

> It’s funny how no one complains about guards spamming ultra damage kitten and being easy asf to play or shiro renegade not being mentioned. But hey let’s tone down the most counterable class in the game cause it killed me gne gne.

>

Don't kid yourself in thinking that reaper isn't part of the big 4 overpowered classes right now.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"AleCenta.2190" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Don't forget: Spinal shivers 1200 yard range 3 boon removal chill that does 9.1k damage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where did you get these numbers from? My best Spinal Shivers crit was around 4k with tons of Might and other buffs and 3 boons on opponent. On average is more likely 2k - 3 k crits.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you sure you talking about the same skill?

> > > > > > spinal shiver

> > > > > > Damage—Three Boons: 867 (2.625)?

> > > > > > over 2.6 coof

> > > > >

> > > > > The coeff doesn't mean what you think it does if you completely ignore weapon power.

> > > > >

> > > > > It could use a damage shave but its meant to, and always will be, a strong single target ability that punishes boons.

> > > > >

> > > > > That the skill is being complained about just shows how much boon creep there has been since the chances of hitting the upper bracket if this skills damage has become almost 100% over the years.

> > > > >

> > > > > You may think "I don't have any boons" but based on the current game state you almost always have at have at least 2 from doing absolutely nothing but existing.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > meta mesmer has access to only 1 boon.

> > > > vigor and it doesnt even have 50% uptime.

> > > > So yes, If I fight reaper in 1v1 and he crits me with it for 5k there is a problem, since AT BEST I can have 2 boons. 1 is vigor after shattering ( at best 20% uptime ) and another is a stolen boon with sigil of absorption.

> > > >

> > > > And honestly entire concept of punishing boons is kitten kitten. Almost nothing punishes boons in this game, most boonrips are even less effective against people that have lots of boons, after all holo with 8 boons doesnt give a kitten when he loses 3, but warrior that has 3 boons is going to have problems when he loses them all.

> > > I've done the math in another thread. It is impossible for the skill to crit for 5k in pvp when 1 boon is removed. Denying that is really pointless. You are argumenting based on your imagination but not on facts.

> > >

> > > And I use this skill each day for years now. In pvp on a berserker or marauder build you can expect between 500 (no boon, no crit) and 6000 (3 boons including protection removed, critical hit, a bit of self might, a bit of vuln. on the target) damage from it. Everything above is extremely rare and you can not realistically build for it.

> > >

> > > The hyperbole is huge in this forum. In the lich threads people said it deals 7+k damage "with ease". The reality is that this is the absolute max for a pve build (zerk amulet, all damage modifiers, no defense) on a light armor target.

> >

> > Don’t mind explaining fact to these people, they argue without using their brains.

> > Spinal shiver is strong but not as op as other skills like power rev ones or renegade shiro sevenshots.

> > You crit 6k a few times and on buffed target.

> > More than 6k means that ur build is kitten and you are playing without armor.

> > It’s funny how no one complains about guards spamming ultra damage kitten and being easy asf to play or shiro renegade not being mentioned. But hey let’s tone down the most counterable class in the game cause it killed me gne gne.

> >

> Don't kid yourself in thinking that reaper isn't part of the big 4 overpowered classes right now.

>

Reaper certainly is strong, yea, but the hyperbolic and exaggerated nature of some complaints in this thread doesn't make then more legitimate not do they lend themselves to be taken seriously.

Even with the few shaves it deserves this won't stop the people complaining when they still die. There never is a "nerf it so it's balanced", it's "nerf it so I don't need to think about it / can't beat it when I think I should be able to." Pretty much every single time.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Don't forget: Spinal shivers 1200 yard range 3 boon removal chill that does 9.1k damage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where did you get these numbers from? My best Spinal Shivers crit was around 4k with tons of Might and other buffs and 3 boons on opponent. On average is more likely 2k - 3 k crits.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you sure you talking about the same skill?

> > > > > > spinal shiver

> > > > > > Damage—Three Boons: 867 (2.625)?

> > > > > > over 2.6 coof

> > > > >

> > > > > The coeff doesn't mean what you think it does if you completely ignore weapon power.

> > > > >

> > > > > It could use a damage shave but its meant to, and always will be, a strong single target ability that punishes boons.

> > > > >

> > > > > That the skill is being complained about just shows how much boon creep there has been since the chances of hitting the upper bracket if this skills damage has become almost 100% over the years.

> > > > >

> > > > > You may think "I don't have any boons" but based on the current game state you almost always have at have at least 2 from doing absolutely nothing but existing.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > meta mesmer has access to only 1 boon.

> > > > vigor and it doesnt even have 50% uptime.

> > > > So yes, If I fight reaper in 1v1 and he crits me with it for 5k there is a problem, since AT BEST I can have 2 boons. 1 is vigor after shattering ( at best 20% uptime ) and another is a stolen boon with sigil of absorption.

> > > >

> > > > And honestly entire concept of punishing boons is kitten kitten. Almost nothing punishes boons in this game, most boonrips are even less effective against people that have lots of boons, after all holo with 8 boons doesnt give a kitten when he loses 3, but warrior that has 3 boons is going to have problems when he loses them all.

> > > I've done the math in another thread. It is impossible for the skill to crit for 5k in pvp when 1 boon is removed. Denying that is really pointless. You are argumenting based on your imagination but not on facts.

> > >

> > > And I use this skill each day for years now. In pvp on a berserker or marauder build you can expect between 500 (no boon, no crit) and 6000 (3 boons including protection removed, critical hit, a bit of self might, a bit of vuln. on the target) damage from it. Everything above is extremely rare and you can not realistically build for it.

> > >

> > > The hyperbole is huge in this forum. In the lich threads people said it deals 7+k damage "with ease". The reality is that this is the absolute max for a pve build (zerk amulet, all damage modifiers, no defense) on a light armor target.

> >

> > Don’t mind explaining fact to these people, they argue without using their brains.

> > Spinal shiver is strong but not as op as other skills like power rev ones or renegade shiro sevenshots.

> > You crit 6k a few times and on buffed target.

> > More than 6k means that ur build is kitten and you are playing without armor.

> > It’s funny how no one complains about guards spamming ultra damage kitten and being easy asf to play or shiro renegade not being mentioned. But hey let’s tone down the most counterable class in the game cause it killed me gne gne.

> >

> Don't kid yourself in thinking that reaper isn't part of the big 4 overpowered classes right now.

>

In fact it isn't. It's good, it's meta but it's not op.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"AleCenta.2190" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Don't forget: Spinal shivers 1200 yard range 3 boon removal chill that does 9.1k damage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Where did you get these numbers from? My best Spinal Shivers crit was around 4k with tons of Might and other buffs and 3 boons on opponent. On average is more likely 2k - 3 k crits.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you sure you talking about the same skill?

> > > > > > > spinal shiver

> > > > > > > Damage—Three Boons: 867 (2.625)?

> > > > > > > over 2.6 coof

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The coeff doesn't mean what you think it does if you completely ignore weapon power.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It could use a damage shave but its meant to, and always will be, a strong single target ability that punishes boons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That the skill is being complained about just shows how much boon creep there has been since the chances of hitting the upper bracket if this skills damage has become almost 100% over the years.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You may think "I don't have any boons" but based on the current game state you almost always have at have at least 2 from doing absolutely nothing but existing.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > meta mesmer has access to only 1 boon.

> > > > > vigor and it doesnt even have 50% uptime.

> > > > > So yes, If I fight reaper in 1v1 and he crits me with it for 5k there is a problem, since AT BEST I can have 2 boons. 1 is vigor after shattering ( at best 20% uptime ) and another is a stolen boon with sigil of absorption.

> > > > >

> > > > > And honestly entire concept of punishing boons is kitten kitten. Almost nothing punishes boons in this game, most boonrips are even less effective against people that have lots of boons, after all holo with 8 boons doesnt give a kitten when he loses 3, but warrior that has 3 boons is going to have problems when he loses them all.

> > > > I've done the math in another thread. It is impossible for the skill to crit for 5k in pvp when 1 boon is removed. Denying that is really pointless. You are argumenting based on your imagination but not on facts.

> > > >

> > > > And I use this skill each day for years now. In pvp on a berserker or marauder build you can expect between 500 (no boon, no crit) and 6000 (3 boons including protection removed, critical hit, a bit of self might, a bit of vuln. on the target) damage from it. Everything above is extremely rare and you can not realistically build for it.

> > > >

> > > > The hyperbole is huge in this forum. In the lich threads people said it deals 7+k damage "with ease". The reality is that this is the absolute max for a pve build (zerk amulet, all damage modifiers, no defense) on a light armor target.

> > >

> > > Don’t mind explaining fact to these people, they argue without using their brains.

> > > Spinal shiver is strong but not as op as other skills like power rev ones or renegade shiro sevenshots.

> > > You crit 6k a few times and on buffed target.

> > > More than 6k means that ur build is kitten and you are playing without armor.

> > > It’s funny how no one complains about guards spamming ultra damage kitten and being easy asf to play or shiro renegade not being mentioned. But hey let’s tone down the most counterable class in the game cause it killed me gne gne.

> > >

> > Don't kid yourself in thinking that reaper isn't part of the big 4 overpowered classes right now.

> >

>

> Reaper certainly is strong, yea, but the hyperbolic and exaggerated nature of some complaints in this thread doesn't make then more legitimate not do they lend themselves to be taken seriously.

>

> Even with the few shaves it deserves this won't stop the people complaining when they still die. There never is a "nerf it so it's balanced", it's "nerf it so I don't need to think about it / can't beat it when I think I should be able to." Pretty much every single time.

totally agree, in my opinion they should delete lich+reaper and put some dmg back on shroud 5. If it's called executioner's scythe it should do so, right now it's more big popsicle scythe.

> @"AleCenta.2190" said:

> If it's called executioner's scythe it should do so, right now it's more big popsicle scythe.

It does execute in PvE. In PvP there is a ton of skills on any class with a silly name since they removed the damage. And this is really one of the least problems the game's PvP has right now.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > If it's called executioner's scythe it should do so, right now it's more big popsicle scythe.

> It does execute in PvE. In PvP there is a ton of skills on any class with a silly name since they removed the damage. And this is really one of the least problems the game's PvP has right now.

it was a joke, not the point of the discussion...

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"AleCenta.2190" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Don't forget: Spinal shivers 1200 yard range 3 boon removal chill that does 9.1k damage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Where did you get these numbers from? My best Spinal Shivers crit was around 4k with tons of Might and other buffs and 3 boons on opponent. On average is more likely 2k - 3 k crits.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you sure you talking about the same skill?

> > > > > > > spinal shiver

> > > > > > > Damage—Three Boons: 867 (2.625)?

> > > > > > > over 2.6 coof

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The coeff doesn't mean what you think it does if you completely ignore weapon power.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It could use a damage shave but its meant to, and always will be, a strong single target ability that punishes boons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That the skill is being complained about just shows how much boon creep there has been since the chances of hitting the upper bracket if this skills damage has become almost 100% over the years.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You may think "I don't have any boons" but based on the current game state you almost always have at have at least 2 from doing absolutely nothing but existing.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > meta mesmer has access to only 1 boon.

> > > > > vigor and it doesnt even have 50% uptime.

> > > > > So yes, If I fight reaper in 1v1 and he crits me with it for 5k there is a problem, since AT BEST I can have 2 boons. 1 is vigor after shattering ( at best 20% uptime ) and another is a stolen boon with sigil of absorption.

> > > > >

> > > > > And honestly entire concept of punishing boons is kitten kitten. Almost nothing punishes boons in this game, most boonrips are even less effective against people that have lots of boons, after all holo with 8 boons doesnt give a kitten when he loses 3, but warrior that has 3 boons is going to have problems when he loses them all.

> > > > I've done the math in another thread. It is impossible for the skill to crit for 5k in pvp when 1 boon is removed. Denying that is really pointless. You are argumenting based on your imagination but not on facts.

> > > >

> > > > And I use this skill each day for years now. In pvp on a berserker or marauder build you can expect between 500 (no boon, no crit) and 6000 (3 boons including protection removed, critical hit, a bit of self might, a bit of vuln. on the target) damage from it. Everything above is extremely rare and you can not realistically build for it.

> > > >

> > > > The hyperbole is huge in this forum. In the lich threads people said it deals 7+k damage "with ease". The reality is that this is the absolute max for a pve build (zerk amulet, all damage modifiers, no defense) on a light armor target.

> > >

> > > Don’t mind explaining fact to these people, they argue without using their brains.

> > > Spinal shiver is strong but not as op as other skills like power rev ones or renegade shiro sevenshots.

> > > You crit 6k a few times and on buffed target.

> > > More than 6k means that ur build is kitten and you are playing without armor.

> > > It’s funny how no one complains about guards spamming ultra damage kitten and being easy asf to play or shiro renegade not being mentioned. But hey let’s tone down the most counterable class in the game cause it killed me gne gne.

> > >

> > Don't kid yourself in thinking that reaper isn't part of the big 4 overpowered classes right now.

> >

>

> Reaper certainly is strong, yea, but the hyperbolic and exaggerated nature of some complaints in this thread doesn't make then more legitimate not do they lend themselves to be taken seriously.

>

> Even with the few shaves it deserves this won't stop the people complaining when they still die. There never is a "nerf it so it's balanced", it's "nerf it so I don't need to think about it / can't beat it when I think I should be able to." Pretty much every single time.

I routinely see 9k spinal shivers on a fully geared(not naked) mesmer and elementalist in SPvP. The highest I've seen was 9.1k. It's not exaggerated.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> Necro mains delusional as always, 2.6 coof skill on a class with easy to access dmg modifiers cant push past 6k, big kitten XD.

> let alone being so kitten dumb as to say it hits 3k at best.

Again do you know what the coeff means when you actually consider weapon power or are you just reading the wiki, seeing the high number.

You're ignoring the entire multiplicative nature of power damages formula and ignoring the extremely low relative weapon power of true offhand weapons.

Coeffs literally mean nothing when you ignore the weapon power they are coming with.

There are so many skills that are as strong yet they aren't a problem because they aren't the thing currently killing you.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > Necro mains delusional as always, 2.6 coof skill on a class with easy to access dmg modifiers cant push past 6k, big kitten XD.

> > let alone being so kitten dumb as to say it hits 3k at best.

>

> Again do you know what the coeff means when you actually consider weapon power or are you just reading the wiki, seeing the high number.

>

> You're ignoring the entire multiplicative nature of power damages formula and ignoring the extremely low relative weapon power of true offhand weapons.

>

> Coeffs literally mean nothing when you ignore the weapon power they are coming with.

>

> There are so many skills that are as strong yet they aren't a problem because they aren't the thing currently killing you.

focus weapon power is about 10% lower then most other weapons, as for bonuses.

well you get plenty of those, 10% to chilled ( shiver itself chills before dmg is applied ), 10% when close to target ( easy to do, everything is close ranged in the meta )

10% after entering/leaving shroud ( optional talent, but when take it has 100% uptime ), then you have vulnerability from sigial and thats it.

thats about as much as most other things have, but its good to be deluded and think that S tier class aint S tier cuz its " bad at range "

Hilarity, since you know. Reaper ironically is one of the, if not the best meta class at range. The only competition is nades holo but at range I would bet my money at reaper honestly.

The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

Of all the current "meta" specs Reaper is about as close to being balance as we have ever gotten in this game imo.

Spec is very strong in the hands of a skilled player and viable in the hands of a newer player.

It has tons of hard counters and is easily shut down if not played correctly or gets caught off guard.

And, This is the spec you people want to complain about and get nerfed?

I have lost all hope in gw2 pvp and its community.

> @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > reaper's problem is lich...

> >

> > and walk+wurm is kinda good.

> >

> > and spec walk away, pre cast lich and walk back is basically instant lich pop out of no where

>

> Unless you are partially blind and that huge glowing green trail that spectral walk leaves when used is not a good enough tell?

>

> Wow.

god, it's mostly used combined with wurm, when reaper is heavily focused you cast walk and wurm away because in high end matches, thief+rev will completely wreck you if you just walking...and walk+wurm leaves no trail+pre cast lich and reverse walk

boom, lich instantly popped back in mid team fight out of no where and can instantly wipe enemy team and this is pretty common strat in plat2+

reaper is fine just like core necro, all their problem is from lich.

> @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

>

> And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

> @"Azreell.1568" said:

> Of all the current "meta" specs Reaper is about as close to being balance as we have ever gotten in this game imo.

>

> Spec is very strong in the hands of a skilled player and viable in the hands of a newer player.

>

> It has tons of hard counters and is easily shut down if not played correctly or gets caught off guard.

>

> And, This is the spec you people want to complain about and get nerfed?

>

> I have lost all hope in gw2 pvp and its community.

>

Doesn't have a single hard counter, is impossible to shut down because of how slippery it is and how much life force generation it has.

Like I said, don't kid yourself into thinking that reaper isn't one of the top4 overpowered builds right now, because it is.

> @"Grimjack.8130" said:

> Just because OP is complaining about Reaper damage does not mean they are asking for it to get gutted. It needs a nerf there is no denying that, just as most other specs need a nerf and there is no denying for them either.

By the words of the OP, the shroud is the problem, while before the patch it had 4 damaging skills now it has 3 that are also 30% less then before, Reaper is not running Spite like before the patch but blood so that is another 30% off. From all the writing in the this post I got that people here have not even played Reaper at all. The only problematic skill is Lich basic attack, since it swings the game in seconds if no one has projectile hate skills up, I personally wish that all lich mechanics were good while the power is shifted on all of them by performing a combo and it wasn't just 1 1 1 1 .

People are saying dumb shit without testing anything and this is the most annoying part of these kind of posts.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691694648745394268/756838086943571998/unknown.png 9526 on ranger

I can post maul and WI screens twice as high.

These two skills can twoshot the reaper, that did this spinal shivers number, from self applied stealth.

I have no idea what you try to achieve with your endless whining posts here. These are each single time based on exceptional situations that don't reflect reality. "I found a 9k spinal shivers situation somewhere - NERF IT!" Why do you ignore that it deals not even half the damage on average against a competitive build?

**What the reality looks like:**

The most commonly used soulbeast build is a glass canon that pops all his defense at the beginning of the fight and is unkillable for a few seconds. Spinal shivers will crit for a lousy 2k when it removes 3 boons at this point. The ranger then starts to spam absurd damage numbers. During the 1s spinal shivers cast you will eat at least 5k damage. If you survive that (which is incredible hard as a reaper! and the meta reaper is not favored in such a situation), then the ranger shows his glassiness and is a walk in the park for everyone, not just reaper. And other classes have a much easier time against that soulbeast because they can just block (or even reflect) and evade everything at the beginning of the fight.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Azreell.1568" said:

> > Of all the current "meta" specs Reaper is about as close to being balance as we have ever gotten in this game imo.

> >

> > Spec is very strong in the hands of a skilled player and viable in the hands of a newer player.

> >

> > It has tons of hard counters and is easily shut down if not played correctly or gets caught off guard.

> >

> > And, This is the spec you people want to complain about and get nerfed?

> >

> > I have lost all hope in gw2 pvp and its community.

> >

>

> Doesn't have a single hard counter, is impossible to shut down because of how slippery it is and how much life force generation it has.

>

> Like I said, don't kid yourself into thinking that reaper isn't one of the top4 overpowered builds right now, because it is.

U dont know sic em

> @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

> >

> > And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

>

> Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

Scourges; not really, no.

Core necromancers; a good core necro can kite quite a lot

Reaper; yes. I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Now, I don't want to nerf reaper's mobility. Reaper is still quite a hard class and it requires some good positioning and general awareness.

But as mobile as they are -and they are-, the amount of chilled they can put up is not justified.

Fite me.

> @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > > The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

> > >

> > > And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

> >

> > Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

>

> Scourges; not really, no.

> Core necromancers; a good core necro can kite quite a lot

> Reaper; yes. I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

> Now, I don't want to nerf reaper's mobility. Reaper is still quite a hard class and it requires some good positioning and general awareness.

> But as mobile as they are -and they are-, the amount of chilled they can put up is not justified.

>

> Fite me.

You think necros have great mobility. Fighting you would be a waste of time.

> @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > > > The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

> > > >

> > > > And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

> > >

> > > Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

> >

> > Scourges; not really, no.

> > Core necromancers; a good core necro can kite quite a lot

> > Reaper; yes. I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

> > Now, I don't want to nerf reaper's mobility. Reaper is still quite a hard class and it requires some good positioning and general awareness.

> > But as mobile as they are -and they are-, the amount of chilled they can put up is not justified.

> >

> > Fite me.

>

> You think necros have great mobility. Fighting you would be a waste of time.

Permanent swiftness(basicly superspeed with speed runes) and 2 teleports, one without any range restriction. Added extra charge on reaper shroud. That's objectively good mobility. Of course you can choose not to pick these options and be slow, but same goes for thief... you could, but why would you? Mobility is king.

Anyone thinking necros are slow needs to L2P. Especially on reaper, nothing short of a chasing thief/shiroglint revenant can keep up with you.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > > @"Terrorhuz.4695" said:

> > > > > The big problem with reaper is that its entire premise is "it's deals heavy damage up close, but it's slow; let's give him chilled and fear to use its tools".

> > > > >

> > > > > And it's entirely contradicted by wurm, spectral walk and death's charge, along with rune of speed. The class can pull out some insane amount of chilled while still retaining a notable amount of mobility. I understand that these tools are available to necromancers too, but if the entire premise of the class is "you are slow as a rock", and they are clearly nullified, we may reconsider the necessity of reapers being able to spit 10s of chilled at once.

> > > >

> > > > Are you really trying to sell necros as a highly mobile class? That's your statement, just so we're clear? despite 2/3 of the skills you named not being usable in shroud?

> > >

> > > Scourges; not really, no.

> > > Core necromancers; a good core necro can kite quite a lot

> > > Reaper; yes. I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

> > > Now, I don't want to nerf reaper's mobility. Reaper is still quite a hard class and it requires some good positioning and general awareness.

> > > But as mobile as they are -and they are-, the amount of chilled they can put up is not justified.

> > >

> > > Fite me.

> >

> > You think necros have great mobility. Fighting you would be a waste of time.

>

> Permanent swiftness(basicly superspeed with speed runes) and 2 teleports, one without any range restriction. Added extra charge on reaper shroud. That's objectively good mobility. Of course you can choose not to pick these options and be slow, but same goes for thief... you could, but why would you? Mobility is king.

>

> Anyone thinking necros are slow needs to L2P. Especially on reaper, nothing short of a chasing thief/shiroglint revenant can keep up with you.

Speed rune works for reaper as long as the encounter doesn't use it. If it does then reaper is as slow as it has ever been. No, it's even slower because without picking speed rune running into a speed rune encounter is basically an instant loss. And since picking corrupt boon (saw a hardnerf) weakens every single reaper build these days (esp. if you take these 2 teleports), the time, where corrupting the encounter's swiftness was a viable strategy, are over.

I don't know how common the rune is in pvp, but in EU wvw 8 out of 10 roamers you encounter use that rune. The other 2 run durability.