I never thought i'd say this...

xan.8936

> @"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:

> I personally wouldn’t mind more collections where it requires materials you wouldn’t otherwise use. I mean right now I am making a Gen 2 lege, and using all my mithril, ectos, and orichalcum, I can’t make the dragon slayer weapons as they use the same materials. And I have bloodstone dust, dragonite ore and empyreal fragments sitting around doing nothing...

Either refine them, feed them to resource eaters, or toss them. Otherwise it is wasted space if it bleeds into your bank space.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:

> > I personally wouldn’t mind more collections where it requires materials you wouldn’t otherwise use. I mean right now I am making a Gen 2 lege, and using all my mithril, ectos, and orichalcum, I can’t make the dragon slayer weapons as they use the same materials. And I have bloodstone dust, dragonite ore and empyreal fragments sitting around doing nothing...

>

> Either refine them, feed them to resource eaters, or toss them. Otherwise it is wasted space if it bleeds into your bank space.

Look, that’s not my point. I am offering a suggestion for using less utilized materials. I did not ask for suggestions on what to do with my extra materials. Hate when people do that.

> @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> . And how do you know that people do not make these collections?

GW2Efficiency, this is a good clue, almost no one has finished the first collection, it must be 0.10% of the members registered on the site

so we can already say that those who will go to the last collection, barely represent a few players

And that's totally normal ,considering the time and money it takes for an average skin. There is regularly better in cash shop for much less golds.

> @"radda.8920" said:

> > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > . And how do you know that people do not make these collections?

>

> GW2Efficiency, this is a good clue, almost no one has finished the first collection, it must be 0.10% of the members registered on the site

> so we can already say that those who will go to the last collection, barely represent a few players

>

> And that's totally normal ,considering the time and money it takes for an average skin. There is regularly better in cash shop for much less golds.

>

Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything? Most of my friends list have never visited this site. I don't mean to say that the site is bad, quite the opposite. But a site that is run by fans is in my eyes not a decisive point for anything.

> @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything?

It's not a good Benchmark at all.

Some people are just blinded by the illusion of it being a perfect vertical slice towards the game's population (which obviously could not be further from the truth).

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything?

> It's not a good Benchmark at all.

> Some people are just blinded by the illusion of it being a perfect vertical slice towards the game's population (which obviously could not be further from the truth).

What else are we supposed to use? Do you have access to Anet's internal statistics?

Yeah, don't like that either, exotic weapons that are more expensive than ascended ones lol.

Like, i know that one legendary weapon would cost a bit more or the same as these entire collections, but at least it's a item that you will use on some character, these exotic items you just unlock the skin and either trash or toilet it (if it even works).

Can't even have the argument of "it's exotic items for new players", cause nobody is going to spend 100g on a single exotic weapon lol.

> @"Farohna.6247" said:

> I enjoy weapon collections, tedious as they can be

There are collections that take you places and have a story attached to them - those are fun.

And then there are those collections we have seen a lot of lately that are mere grinding for materials - that doesn't qualify as "end game content" in my book.

Problem is, most if not everything now is gated behind achievement grind, timegated grind, or just contrived grind. Example : I was interested in the Illuminated Boreal Weapon collection, only to discover that one of the major materials needed to make it has its recipe gated (via achievement) behind the Stormcaller weapon collection...which is from another map and has nothing to do with the previous collection, aside from both being in IBS. That turned me off fast.

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything?

> > It's not a good Benchmark at all.

> > Some people are just blinded by the illusion of it being a perfect vertical slice towards the game's population (which obviously could not be further from the truth).

>

> What else are we supposed to use? Do you have access to Anet's internal statistics?

Let's be clear ... if it's a bad representation of player behaviour, it shouldn't be used at all, EVEN if it's the only thing available.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Farohna.6247" said:

> > I enjoy weapon collections, tedious as they can be

>

> There are collections that take you places and have a story attached to them - those are fun.

>

> And then there are those collections we have seen a lot of lately that are mere grinding for materials - that doesn't qualify as "end game content" in my book.

I agree, it should not take the place of actual content, but should compliment it. I am rather annoyed that I'm having to craft multiple sets of what is essentially the same weapon. I presume it's all "filler" for now as hopefully they are working on the expansion.

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> Im sitting here waiting for ascended ARMOR AND WEAPONS to be obtainable WITHOUT this stuuuupid and overwhelming crafting system or the stupidly long pvp grind. Can we have it the different way pls.

Do strike missions for the armor and elite spec collections/ knight of thorn quest per character for the weapons.

> @"Nilkemia.8507" said:

> Problem is, most if not everything now is gated behind achievement grind, timegated grind, or just contrived grind. Example : I was interested in the Illuminated Boreal Weapon collection, only to discover that one of the major materials needed to make it has its recipe gated (via achievement) behind the Stormcaller weapon collection...which is from another map and has nothing to do with the previous collection, aside from both being in IBS. That turned me off fast.

You don't need the recipe, lodestones can also be craftet in the mystic forge for the same amount of materials (the recipe was just added later to make it a bit faster to craft them).