Reviving dead characters

yann.1946

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None, because I'd like death to stick please.

Aurene's resurrection was so piss poorly done that it remains a sour taste in my mouth despite the wonderful ending of War Eternal.

> @"Ryukai.6524" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

>

> Zhaitan automatically 'learned' everything that a risen corpse knew in life.

> Zhaitan attacks your 'base' after claw island because he 'somehow' learnt about what was being plotted.

>

> I think it's safe to assume he got his info from the risen corpse of your 'mentor'

Zhaitan's risen killed countless members of the Orders long before killing the mentor. The attacks on the Order HQs happened **simultaenously** as the one on Lion's Arch. It was a four pronged attack that used Claw Island as a stepping stone. That was why Zhaitan became too big of a threat to ignore.

Besides, Sieran was sylvari, thus couldn't be corrupted.

I'm probably the only one for this, but Ceara. But as an ally, cured from the madness of the jungle dragon, still full of energy and snarky, but not over the top like in LW1. Inadvertently teamed up with Canach, the snark and the sass would be legendary, not to mention the weaponized chaos they could create together.

• 1 year later...

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> Nobody?

>

> General Almorra Soulkeeper! *salutes*

Apart from the two posts above yours this topic is from September 2019, Almorra was alive and well at the time.

But as soon as I saw it was back I knew (or hoped at least) that someone would mention her, and question why she hadn't been bought up before. I'm glad I wasn't wrong about that. :D

Zhaitan deserves to come back. This dragon was built up to be something truly feared through the core game. He is a dragon made up of hundreds of other dragons. His power is over death. Yet...his own demise can be done solo in what was almost a game-killer in terms of end game content. It is true we have seen the taint of the energy within him released in to the other dragons and their minions - but somehow it seems like an oversight that something so powerful should have been vanquished so easily.

I wish he would come back in some way and speak to us; test us - reveal some profound message about the interconnectedness of it all. How his people maybe traveled the stars, how he came to use their bodies to build his own - I dunno...there's so much I still want to know and do with regards to this character!

If any deserved a reprieve it is Zhaitan; Zhaitan returned to restore the balance, and bring all the dragons back from death as his own servants.

Thus Arenanet could introduce Hard Mode for people who want to play the game again from the start for new achievements, and new rewards.

joko of course he had so much potential. He could really become the most interesting villain of gw2 especially after the last cutscene ...

but arena net decided otherwise by killing him in a ridiculous way with their stupid dragon aurene

I hope he will destroy Aurene's stomach one day

praise joko!