Would you like to see Gen 3 legendaries in EoD?

Just a showerthought. Gen 2 was supposed to be the last one, but then again, EoD likely wasn't planned at the time (and they were still finishing Gen 2 during PoF). Now that a new expansion is coming up, do you think we'll get new ones? Do you WANT more? Or should the devs spend the resources elsewhere?

And if you do, should it have scavenger hunts or only a material cost?

Personally I'd like to see new ones, especially if they are Canthan themed. The economy could certainly use them as material prices have dropped a lot lately. Would be healthy for the game IMO.

I would think that the lower material prices would be a good thing for new players coming in, especially with the Steam release on the horizon?

OT: I'm not adverse to new legendary items. I don't hunt them myself because I haven't really found one that I like. Since I don't do the very high-end content, there is no reason for me to have something that I can stat-swap. For me, a legendary would pretty much be cosmetic only. Now, if they decide to put Gen3 in EoD, my preference would be more for scavenger hunting than material costs as long as the hunting wouldn't be locked behind content or activities that die off in a month.

I would like more legendaries, yes. I've reached a point when I have already crafted all the ones I like, almost one per each existing weapon except from the few whose skins I don't like from either gen1 and 2. I'd be willing to also craft a second dagger or other weapons for which I already own a legendary skin, if there was one I liked. At the current state, I basically only have gem store items to work towards >.>

I'd also want a new set of legendary backpacks, because there isn't a single one of the current ones that I would invest so much work and money for... skin-wise.

Yes I want more. Because they are long term goals that offer us something to work toward; Not every legendary is for every play and not everyone likes every legendary. Its a huge amount of content for most players in the game and I feel like the more we have; The more we potentially have to work toward. (Underwater weps still need gen 2 as is.)

> @"Morvran.8265" said:

> Just a showerthought. Gen 2 was supposed to be the last one, but then again, EoD likely wasn't planned at the time (and they were still finishing Gen 2 during PoF). Now that a new expansion is coming up, do you think we'll get new ones? Do you WANT more? Or should the devs spend the resources elsewhere?

>

> And if you do, should it have scavenger hunts or only a material cost?

>

> Personally I'd like to see new ones, especially if they are Canthan themed. The economy could certainly use them as material prices have dropped a lot lately. Would be healthy for the game IMO.

I would like to see more/new legendary weapons that are somewhat cheaper. They could do it like the "shimmering" trinkets and the WvW-armor: The legendary itself does not have a new skin/effect but is mainly used for stat/infusion swapping.

I’ve been doing dailies specifically to save up enough spirit shards for them if they’re added but I wouldn’t really be disappointed if we didn’t get them.

The skins have always been hit or miss and they no longer stand out from other weapon skins. Anet keeps adding flashier skins in the game through rewards and the gem store.

> @"Galmac.4680" said:

> Isn't that the 4th generation yet? Generation 1 are the old and tradeable weapons, 2nd generation are that 4 weapons you can also do the journey (Hobbs, first tab). Third generation are the all crafting ones. So I would cound new legendary weapons as generation 4.

1 set = 1 generation, we only have 2 sets. One that was there at launch and the other they started with HoT and finished sometimes after PoF. Gen 2 is just a bit inconsistent when it comes to earning them because they had to cut the scavenger hunt parts for future legendaries as they were taking too long to make, afaik.

I would apreciate a 3rd generation of legendaries a lot, every shiny that gets put into the game instead of the gemshop and that can be worked towards instead of being a one in a million chance at a lucky drop gets my vote.

Maybe they'll actually do it, but they could also stick to their statement, that gen2 would end legendary weapons.

We'll see.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I would think that the lower material prices would be a good thing for new players coming in, especially with the Steam release on the horizon?

>

When the steam release comes, End of Dragons would not be released yet and by the time it will be released, they wont be that new. besides, new players arrive all the time and they do experience the situation they have not yet gained any wealth.

I personally think third gen would be very much welcome. We have allready too much clutter, so more things that cause graphical clutter on the screen are not welcome in my opinion, but having more options to cause different kind of screen clutter would be welcome, just as long as it doesn't add to the amount of clutter.

(a way of hiding it would still be welcome)

If they were to add another round of legendaries I would really like to see real content behind them instead of just an elder wood grind.

There is such a massive diffrence between Chukka and Chamapawat and the 2.5s.

Put a story behind the weapon and some actual content and I am in... but another "shopping list legendary" like the last bunch they released has little value to me. It's an unfun mat grind for a skin.

It took Anet 2 xpacs and 2 living world season to fulfill the gen 2 legendary weapons promise made in HoT, why would anyone think they will want to spend another 4 years making gen 3 weapons. Just face it team, if it can't be monetize either through direct sell or in BLC gambling chests, it will not added into the game. You can find your Gen 3 weapon skins in the monthly updated loot boxes or in the $20 outfit packs.

if people like why not,

for anets finance it would be better to not do that since I imagine those legndaries are cutting into the gemshop skin sell.

The Phoenix feather torch seemed to my like anets test to sell legendary level skins.

But thats a math problem to compare how much people buy gems to transfer into gold to get legendaries fast.