What is the fastest way to earn gold in WvW?

PrinceValentine.9320

I will use the gold to transfer to a good server, possibly SoS. They were very friendly when were linked to them.

I sold some stuff that I have in my inventory and I wonder what stuff that I should sell and keep or should I start crafting to earn more gold? Can you guys give me some techniques on how to earn gold for someone who only do WvW? Thanks.

You can't. The easiest way to earn gold is to log out of WvW and Pve. Also SoS is full so that dream gone too. WvW is have all boosts active to reward trak progress and take as many things as possible to level faster. Hit all the nodes after you take it preferably with glyph of bounty of course that is an expensive item you probably don't have. Do all that and you still make less then Pve but we play for fun not gold.

WvW is the least profitable game mode. Rewards are timegated to tracks that progress every 5 minutes so your Gold per hour is pretty low.

That said, If you want to get the best value for your time I'd suggest the Gift of Battle reward Track with Boosters if you have any and WvW Reward Track Enrichment. That's pretty much all you can do.

There is no real steady way to earn gold in WvW. It varies from night to night by how much content is on and how well you or your group is doing.

I suggest find a meta class you prefer to play and put a reward track enrichment in your amulet and sell everything you earn. Even with doing that the time it takes is far greater than it would in other avenues of the game. If your purpose is only to make gold I would hard pass WvW.

Imagine playing WvW for gold...

You earn form either doing daily crafting, or pve like Drizzlewood Coast meta, Dragonfall meta, or good 'ol Silverwastes meta. Or if you're lazy, go farm Karkas, even tho you need like, 2h (with full group that can spam condi) to get 250 Karka Shells and earn something.

I am going to try to answer the question asked and assume that the OP wants to play WvW because they enjoy it and wants to be efficient making gold while they are there. My answer is by no means the ‘best’ answer, though it is the best for me:

> @"Solanum.6983" said:

> WvW is the least profitable game mode. Rewards are timegated to tracks that progress every 5 minutes so your Gold per hour is pretty low.

>

> That said, If you want to get the best value for your time I'd suggest the Gift of Battle reward Track with Boosters if you have any and WvW Reward Track Enrichment. That's pretty much all you can do.

This poster gave a good answer to the question.

I would add that if you run with a Zerg, bring a build that allows for tagging multiple enemies, but also sits mostly within the meta. This will allow you to be included in the Zerg by commanders and decreases your chances of getting pulled out.

That build could easily be one of the scourge builds, or a Herald. There are others, but generally you will get a spot in most open squads. This will lead to more heavy loot bags and other drops.

Second thing is to tag the guards of any structure you pass. This will increase your WxP leading to rank gains, and rank chests..

Get most nodes you come across. With a scourge build, it can be easy to be left behind, but this is less of a problem with mounts.

Lastly, enjoy it.... Have fun in WvW. Join discord (or teamspeak), even if you don’t talk, the banter can be both annoying and funny. Don’t get offended. Honestly, this makes the ‘gold per hour’ worth it.

1. Get good: Winning fights gives you bags and PPT bags. Tagging downs isn't enough but you also have to be the MVP consistantly. Being good also means being willing to play what is currently needed _and has_ capability to carry fights, so for example firebrand, heal tempest, spellbreaker or scourge/reaper, usually not rev/scrapper if there is no queue.

2. Tag up: Extra pips and activity. Some people think money can buy love and you will be at forefront for that money.

3. Do good reward track. For example I think Dragonfall one gives lot of motes that you can convert into volatile magic which you can convert into t6 mats. Not sure about newer reward tracks cuz won't do Icebrood Scam until expansion is around the corner.

4. Don't buy gemstore stuff or log into any game for just rewards/dailies

6. Dump your mat storage onto TP, it is a everlasting treasure trove for whenever one needs gold

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> I am going to try to answer the question asked and assume that the OP wants to play WvW because they enjoy it and wants to be efficient making gold while they are there. My answer is by no means the ‘best’ answer, though it is the best for me:

>

> > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > WvW is the least profitable game mode. Rewards are timegated to tracks that progress every 5 minutes so your Gold per hour is pretty low.

> >

> > That said, If you want to get the best value for your time I'd suggest the Gift of Battle reward Track with Boosters if you have any and WvW Reward Track Enrichment. That's pretty much all you can do.

>

> This poster gave a good answer to the question.

>

> I would add that if you run with a Zerg, bring a build that allows for tagging multiple enemies, but also sits mostly within the meta. This will allow you to be included in the Zerg by commanders and decreases your chances of getting pulled out.

>

> That build could easily be one of the scourge builds, or a Herald. There are others, but generally you will get a spot in most open squads. This will lead to more heavy loot bags and other drops.

>

> Second thing is to tag the guards of any structure you pass. This will increase your WxP leading to rank gains, and rank chests..

>

> Get most nodes you come across. With a scourge build, it can be easy to be left behind, but this is less of a problem with mounts.

>

> Lastly, enjoy it.... Have fun in WvW. Join discord (or teamspeak), even if you don’t talk, the banter can be both annoying and funny. Don’t get offended. Honestly, this makes the ‘gold per hour’ worth it.

I mostly play a Firebrand, not sure if that is a good class to use to tag multiple enemies. I prefer playing support instead of dps during blob fights but I switch to ranger for roaming.

> @"PrinceValentine.9320" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > I am going to try to answer the question asked and assume that the OP wants to play WvW because they enjoy it and wants to be efficient making gold while they are there. My answer is by no means the ‘best’ answer, though it is the best for me:

> >

> > > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > > WvW is the least profitable game mode. Rewards are timegated to tracks that progress every 5 minutes so your Gold per hour is pretty low.

> > >

> > > That said, If you want to get the best value for your time I'd suggest the Gift of Battle reward Track with Boosters if you have any and WvW Reward Track Enrichment. That's pretty much all you can do.

> >

> > This poster gave a good answer to the question.

> >

> > I would add that if you run with a Zerg, bring a build that allows for tagging multiple enemies, but also sits mostly within the meta. This will allow you to be included in the Zerg by commanders and decreases your chances of getting pulled out.

> >

> > That build could easily be one of the scourge builds, or a Herald. There are others, but generally you will get a spot in most open squads. This will lead to more heavy loot bags and other drops.

> >

> > Second thing is to tag the guards of any structure you pass. This will increase your WxP leading to rank gains, and rank chests..

> >

> > Get most nodes you come across. With a scourge build, it can be easy to be left behind, but this is less of a problem with mounts.

> >

> > Lastly, enjoy it.... Have fun in WvW. Join discord (or teamspeak), even if you don’t talk, the banter can be both annoying and funny. Don’t get offended. Honestly, this makes the ‘gold per hour’ worth it.

>

> I mostly play a Firebrand, not sure if that is a good class to use to tag multiple enemies. I prefer playing support instead of dps during blob fights but I switch to ranger for roaming.

It’s harder on support FB, but others can note what is needed. Certainly you will be welcome in any squad (except closed guild raids) so that should help.

I echo previous posters. PvE and $cash for gems are the way to go.

Here are some powerpoint slides I made a long time ago. Warning: Some stuff may be out of date.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/109X42ITl1RKCd9fiuC_qxFPLhwzQozrt/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jyQe3-8bVZw4cTlrPfwqOmlEuQnl9WR7/view?usp=sharing

Currently I am running the Maguuma Wastes Reward Track for the zone currency to buy clay, and make Clay Pots (1 per day) which sell for 7 gold, and take seconds to make.

> @"PrinceValentine.9320" said:

> Can you guys give me some techniques on how to earn gold for someone who only do WvW? Thanks.

If you are OK with running around in mainly exotic gear, WvW reward tracks can provide you with armour and weapons and a decent gear variety over time (you will get them from end-of-track reward boxes).

If you want to be on par with most of the long time players, you will have to go for ascended gear (which gives you roundabout 5-10% "more" than exotics).

Should you have settled if the "exotic option", you can sell a lot of the extra stuff you will get, like mats, Memories of Battle etc.

A baseline income only comes from large battles with zergs, everything else (roaming, scouting, being a map steward etc.) is negligible.

I would not advice going the route of seeing WvW as a gold generating aspect of the game.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> if u are really allergic to PVE and like combat, must play PVP seasons so,, wvw is really the least profitable game mode...............

> im low skill Pvper, if consider yourself skilled u can even try tournaments.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_League

Done with PVP. I already had the Legendary Champion before the boost in rank levelling. I played pvp for the first two years that I have played GW2.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"knite.1542" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > Be diamond rank so reward tracks complete every few hours.

> >

> > What exactly is the correlation between your WvW rank and the speed at which a reward track completes?

>

> More pips per tick.

>

... which doesnt count toward normal reward tracks, only the skirmish reward track.

Come now, dont be one of those "join the commander get faster pips!" guys.