What do you do for fun?

> @"Thobek.1730" said:

> > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > I'm spending a lot of time doing Verdant Brink and Dragon's Stand meta events

>

> When do people run the Dragon's Stand event? its always dead now when I go there.

I generally do at least one DS per day, but most of them (one per two hours) are done (EU). Are you using LFG?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like the maps in the game there are collections to complete. Unlocking a Legendary weapon collection (if you don't do crafting and focus on just completing the first tier) or going for the ones available in achievements will find you plenty of things to do in the game. There's a lot of secrets and reuse of locations to bring you back to all the maps.

Dragon Stand is usually full in other instances. You might need to look in LFG to find groups building up when the map resets.

> @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > @"Thobek.1730" said:

> > > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > > I'm spending a lot of time doing Verdant Brink and Dragon's Stand meta events

> >

> > When do people run the Dragon's Stand event? its always dead now when I go there.

>

> I was doing it at 20:30 BST last night, map was actually so full after the start of the event it took me 10-15 minutes to rejoin my squad. Have seen it pretty full a lot of the time. Are you going in at the right times? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

I do use something similar to that but even when it was part of the daily achieves it was dead. I normally do the first Teq, and Evolved Jungle Wurm because I know they have good guilds involved in organising the event. I'll keep looking, its good to know that event hasn't died off because of the amount of people needed to complete it.

> @"Thobek.1730" said:

> > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > > @"Thobek.1730" said:

> > > > @"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:

> > > > I'm spending a lot of time doing Verdant Brink and Dragon's Stand meta events

> > >

> > > When do people run the Dragon's Stand event? its always dead now when I go there.

> >

> > I was doing it at 20:30 BST last night, map was actually so full after the start of the event it took me 10-15 minutes to rejoin my squad. Have seen it pretty full a lot of the time. Are you going in at the right times? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

>

> I do use something similar to that but even when it was part of the daily achieves it was dead. I normally do the first Teq, and Evolved Jungle Wurm because I know they have good guilds involved in organising the event. I'll keep looking, its good to know that event hasn't died off because of the amount of people needed to complete it.

I did it again last night on the 22:30 run, South path was struggling a little but north and mid were full

• 5 months later...

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> Dungeons: Dead.

Untrue. People do them all the time.

> Fractals: Too grindy.

Also untrue. The longest ones from ages past are shorter; the shortest ones are now longer. So it might feel grindier, but that doesn't mean they are longer.

> Raids: Most groups are exclusive.

Most groups? You're going to have to show some numbers. I know of several statics that take PUGs most days and never ask for any kill proofs.

> PvP: Pay to win.

Nope. Top players can manage with core builds (although not sure that any would choose to). And saying PvP is pay to win is like saying that the PoF story is pay to win: can't manage that without buying the expac either.

Ok let me get this right...

You refuse to buy expansions because its pay to win. You don't want to play any of the new content.

At the same time you complain that raids are too exclusive, while you don't have expansions to experience them in the first place.

I just don't understand people who don't buy an expansion of the game they are playing. If you're not level 80 yet, sure. But once you're 80 and you start getting bored? That's the point to buy an expansion and play the story, look at new maps, farm different things.

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > Honestly curious as to how PvP is pay to win?

> > >

> > > All the meta builds require elite specialization. It's been that way since HoT.

> >

> > No it doesn’t.

> >

> > It honestly sounds like this game isn’t for you.

> >

> >

>

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Conquest#meta

> Every meta build requires an elite specialization.

So as Fractals Meta. But Meta isn't requirement, it's more of a guideline

Take a break, play a single-play game, with DLSs for $14.99 each

> Dungeons: Dead.

> Fractals: Too grindy.

> Raids: Most groups are exclusive.

> PvP: Pay to win.

Random person on the internet refuses to purchase new content (at a bargain price) for a game they probably have spent over hundreds or thousands of hours on because spending those couple of $$$ just seems morally wrong when you've already wasted away a huge chunk of your life playing.

Same person continues to complain that "there is nothing to do" while actively not wanting to purchase things to do.

Yup you have a very rational approach to this game.

I remember when op said a few months ago there was too much content...

Personally I find more than enough content and there are plenty of areas I haven't delved enough yet. So no, there is always stuff to do.

Instead of moaning Unconstructively, perhaps some suggestions or may be just play a diff game. No one is forced to play gw2 to the extent that such threads are necessary

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I remember when op said a few months ago there was too much content...

Oh yeah, here's the post:

> I didn't even get to do all the HoT content with the masteries and things before they released PoF, like anyone else feel like there is too much content like please slow down.

> [Too Much Content!!](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/35148/too-much-content) (5 April 2018). I didn't even get to do all the HoT content with the masteries and things before they released PoF, like anyone else feel like there is too much content like please slow down.

> [How Long/Often Do You Play?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33166/how-long-often-do-you-play) (21 April 2018) I mostly just stand around in-game for the chat, because I'm old school and have what I need. So, a few hours per day.

> [What do you do for fun?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41870/what-do-you-do-for-fun) (30 May 2018) I despise fractals and PvP, and the dungeons are dead. What is to be done for fun in this game? Is PoF required?

> [There's nothing to do](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60895/theres-nothing-to-do) (17 November 2018)

Have you considered that this game might not be your cup of tea?