Are you even trying to get my Money?

I dont understand it.

After waiting so long you finaly put Shared Inventory Slots back on sale...

But you dont increase the max number!?!?!??!?!?!? WHY!?

The next thing you do is to bring back Garden Plots and dont increase the max number to 3. I bet on it.

I have money to spend.

Let me use it!

Im soooo mad right now.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > They're trying to get my money instead. I missed the last sale for some reason, so having read this I'm logging in now to get another 5 shared slots.

>

> What price are they?

490 each, or 1,960 for 5.

If my maths is right that's 30% off.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> I dont understand it.

>

> After waiting so long you finaly put Shared Inventory Slots back on sale...

>

> But you dont increase the max number!?!?!??!?!?!? WHY!?

>

> The next thing you do is to bring back Garden Plots and dont increase the max number to 3. I bet on it.

>

> I have money to spend.

> Let me use it!

>

> Im soooo mad right now.

It's not "free" to add an arbitrary number of shared inventory slots. If it was, they'd increase the maximum more often.

> @"Riverborn.1542" said:

> Dear Anet,

> please make me waste my money. Currently I do not have much reason to buy anything. Please do something about it.

What would encourage you to spend money? They've had all kinds of things on sale recently and judging by the absurdly high cost of buying gems with gold at the moment it's convincing some people to spend money. (Yes I know if they're converting gold it's not really spending money, but it's reasonable to assume some people are buying the same things with real money.)

Personally the only thing I'm waiting for now is the desert racer mount select licences to be discounted. I'd like to get the primeval beetle skin and maybe the northern feather wing griffon.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > They're trying to get my money instead. I missed the last sale for some reason, so having read this I'm logging in now to get another 5 shared slots.

> >

> > What price are they?

>

> 490 each, or 1,960 for 5.

>

> If my maths is right that's 30% off.

Hmm, tempting. Not sure if tempting enough though. I shall mull it over

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> Are you seriously complaining that this game is NOT exploiting you for every dollar it can squeeze out?

To be real, going to a store and seeing nothing you want to buy is not oppression.

The act of creating a victim in these scenarios is an exercise in generalities. Not everyone spending money on games is an exploited victim of corporate greed nor is every example of loot boxes a veiled attempt at the rich trying to rip the wallets of the poor out of their pockets.

Also, when do we put some responsibility on those that fork over hundreds of dollars and dozens of hours on a game? At some point, you kinda have to humble yourself and admit you are an accomplice in how things have turned out.

"But I don't spend a dime on the game! I play hours and hours instead. I'm playing the game right!"

Well someone's gotta pay for the freeloaders too. Server upkeep/maintenance and electricity doesn't pay for itself.

Almost suckered me in. I have a few shared slots and when I saw this I thought, Oh, I should get a few more but then halted my impulse and thought about it and realized that I don't use all of the ones that I have now. Sure a few more would be nice for moving things around or keeping some things handy, but if I wanted to keep those things handy, I'd already be doing that with the ones that I have now.

Maybe if they were cheaper, I'd bite (not saying that it isn't a good deal -- just not good for me).

Ok seriously, what could you really do with more than 24 slots?

I did buy 3 today to go from 21 to 24, and people have pointed out I'm already stretching out on reasons to use them. They're also very pricey, so I can't imagine most people needing that many. If they didn't put these on discount, I would have gotten something else like bag or character slots.

![](https://i.imgur.com/m0hoFl8.jpg "")

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> Ok seriously, what could you really do with more than 24 slots?

> I did buy 3 today to go from 21 to 24, and people have pointed out I'm already stretching out on reasons to use them. They're also very pricey, so I can't imagine most people needing that many. If they didn't put these on discount, I would have gotten something else like bag or character slots.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/m0hoFl8.jpg "")

>

-1 mystic forge conduit

-3 salvage kits (copper, silver and runcrafter)

-2 living world teleport tomes (season 3+4)

-3 gathering tools

-1 fractal omnipot

-1 perma tradepost contract

-1 perma bank contract

-1 perma merchant contract

-1 endless upgrade extractor

-1 invitation to lily (crystal oasis teleport)

-1 home portal stone

-1 lion arch portal scroll

-1 world boss portal device

-1 candy corn gobbler

-1 ecto gamble portal of choice

filling the slots with useful stuff isn't that hard :p

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > Ok seriously, what could you really do with more than 24 slots?

> > I did buy 3 today to go from 21 to 24, and people have pointed out I'm already stretching out on reasons to use them. They're also very pricey, so I can't imagine most people needing that many. If they didn't put these on discount, I would have gotten something else like bag or character slots.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/m0hoFl8.jpg "")

> >

>

> -1 mystic forge conduit

> -3 salvage kits (copper, silver and runcrafter)

> -2 living world teleport tomes (season 3+4)

> -3 gathering tools

> -1 fractal omnipot

> -1 perma tradepost contract

> -1 perma bank contract

> -1 perma merchant contract

> -1 endless upgrade extractor

> -1 invitation to lily (crystal oasis teleport)

> -1 home portal stone

> -1 lion arch portal scroll

> -1 world boss portal device

> -1 candy corn gobbler

> -1 ecto gamble portal of choice

>

> filling the slots with useful stuff isn't that hard :p

Ah, but that still just adds up to 20. I hope I'll get the Fractal Omnipot.... I'll get 2 more spaces like that. Ecto portal and merchant seems kinda redundant though.

Also, there's a portal scroll to LA? :open_mouth:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > Ok seriously, what could you really do with more than 24 slots?

> > > I did buy 3 today to go from 21 to 24, and people have pointed out I'm already stretching out on reasons to use them. They're also very pricey, so I can't imagine most people needing that many. If they didn't put these on discount, I would have gotten something else like bag or character slots.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/m0hoFl8.jpg "")

> > >

> >

> > -1 mystic forge conduit

> > -3 salvage kits (copper, silver and runcrafter)

> > -2 living world teleport tomes (season 3+4)

> > -3 gathering tools

> > -1 fractal omnipot

> > -1 perma tradepost contract

> > -1 perma bank contract

> > -1 perma merchant contract

> > -1 endless upgrade extractor

> > -1 invitation to lily (crystal oasis teleport)

> > -1 home portal stone

> > -1 lion arch portal scroll

> > -1 world boss portal device

> > -1 candy corn gobbler

> > -1 ecto gamble portal of choice

> >

> > filling the slots with useful stuff isn't that hard :p

>

> Ah, but that still just adds up to 20. I hope I'll get the Fractal Omnipot.... I'll get 2 more spaces like that. Ecto portal and merchant seems kinda redundant though.

>

> Also, there's a portal scroll to LA? :open_mouth:

There are scrolls for all cities https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion%27s_Arch_Portal_Scroll

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> Are you seriously complaining that this game is NOT exploiting you for every dollar it can squeeze out? and that you have too much disposable income?

>

> Say that again when you're paying your own bills, kid.

I've been paying my bills for 25 years or so already. And I've been saving my gems for a nice sale, but haven't been able to spend them yet on something I'd like either.

About disposable income, it's all about priority. Some spend it on clothes (they don't need, but want), others on alcohol or even worse, tobacco. And others might spend it on games.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > I dont understand it.

> >

> > After waiting so long you finaly put Shared Inventory Slots back on sale...

> >

> > But you dont increase the max number!?!?!??!?!?!? WHY!?

> >

> > The next thing you do is to bring back Garden Plots and dont increase the max number to 3. I bet on it.

> >

> > I have money to spend.

> > Let me use it!

> >

> > Im soooo mad right now.

>

> It's not "free" to add an arbitrary number of shared inventory slots. If it was, they'd increase the maximum more often.

This is a silly arguement. Its not free to add and they are not free to buy.

> Ok seriously, what could you really do with more than 24 slots?

> I did buy 3 today to go from 21 to 24, and people have pointed out I'm already stretching out on reasons to use them. They're also very pricey, so I can't imagine most people needing that many. If they didn't put these on discount, I would have gotten something else like bag or character slots.

I've got 22 at the moment and they're currently all full. I freely admit I wouldn't need all of them if I was more organised but some of them are holding things I've had for _years_ because I never remember to get them out the bank before I'll need them.

My current list is:

* 'Express' items - bank, merchant, TP, repair canisters, teleport to friend.

* Revive orbs

* Permanent Portable Provisioner

* Enchanted Combat Boosters

* Ornate Rusted Keys (for krait chests), Silverwastes Shovels, HoT map attunement potions (x4)

* Lily of the Elon pass & Spearmarshal's Plea

* Infinite gathering tools

* Mystic & Black Lion salvage kits

* 1 'free' slot for things I want to pass between characters, currently some silky sand for my engineer.

Basically my thinking is stuff goes in there either because I want it on all my characters whenever I'm playing them (salvage kits and gathering tools) it's impossible to know when I'll need it (like the revive orbs) or because I've learned from experience that I never remember to take it out the bank until it's too late. This way if I go to a HoT map, notice someone doing the meta event and decide to join in (which is how I usually end up doing those) I've got the attunement potion, boosters, food (from the portable provisioner) and whatever else I might need with me.