If you rebalance warclaw in wvw..do so also in PvE

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> Then lock / disable it outside pve : ). It would fix my selected mount every time a come from wvw.

and disable the ability to unlock those skins from mount packs unless you open them in WVW. id be pissed off if i got a skin for a mount i couldnt use due to not going to that game mode often.

the warclaw -could- be a slower higher dps mount in PVE than the raptor, honestly that could be its thing and id be okay with that, to those saying "its a wvw mount" then they need to do exactly what Aeolus said + cut off the ability to get skins for it if the thing is opened or used in PVE.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > Then lock / disable it outside pve : ). It would fix my selected mount every time a come from wvw.

>

> and disable the ability to unlock those skins from mount packs unless you open them in WVW. id be pissed off if i got a skin for a mount i couldnt use due to not going to that game mode often.

>

> the warclaw -could- be a slower higher dps mount in PVE than the raptor, honestly that could be its thing and id be okay with that, to those saying "its a wvw mount" then they need to do exactly what Aeolus said +

>**cut off the ability to get skins for it** if the thing is opened or used in PVE.

Ahh.. so one of those ‘if it’s only for WvW they should get no shiny skins?’ Really? That’s what you are going to pull out? Is that because you would like to say WvW players don’t support the game or what?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > Then lock / disable it outside pve : ). It would fix my selected mount every time a come from wvw.

> >

> > and disable the ability to unlock those skins from mount packs unless you open them in WVW. id be pissed off if i got a skin for a mount i couldnt use due to not going to that game mode often.

> >

> > the warclaw -could- be a slower higher dps mount in PVE than the raptor, honestly that could be its thing and id be okay with that, to those saying "its a wvw mount" then they need to do exactly what Aeolus said +

> >**cut off the ability to get skins for it** if the thing is opened or used in PVE.

>

> Ahh.. so one of those ‘if it’s only for WvW they should get no shiny skins?’ Really? That’s what you are going to pull out? Is that because you would like to say WvW players don’t support the game or what?

>

>

Negative, in this example if the Warclaw was limited to nothing but WVW the warclaws skins would be sold separately in their own packs. i wouldnt be and im sure many others who seldom if -at all- step foot into WVW wouldnt be satisfied if we bought one of the mount licenses for a really cool skin we wanted and got a warclaw skin instead, something wed never use cause we never go to the one location it can be used. Reverse that, im sure someone who -only does wvw- would be HIGHLY dissatisfied they got a skin for one of the mounts they cant use. It goes both ways.

If you limit the mount to nothing but WVW, then the skins for it need to be removed from the packs and sold separately. -OR- make the packs function differently depending on where they are opened. Opened in PVE? Can get all mount skins but warclaw. Opened in WVW? either would function like A.) Can get all mounts including warclaw or B.) can only get warclaw skins.

Dont read into things that arent there. If i wanted to say what you posted, i would have, and throwing words into mouths does nothing but make people not want to respond.

And to those making claims by saying "its a wvw mount" thats not an argument. What harm would it do to the game to have it a little more useful in PVE? i can think of none. Skyscale has already replaced all mounts for me anyways for the most part. So if the argument is "it would do nothing unique" well guess what, im already not using any mount but one cause its far more convenient for travel especially with all masteries unless im doing races or RP.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > Then lock / disable it outside pve : ). It would fix my selected mount every time a come from wvw.

> > >

> > > and disable the ability to unlock those skins from mount packs unless you open them in WVW. id be pissed off if i got a skin for a mount i couldnt use due to not going to that game mode often.

> > >

> > > the warclaw -could- be a slower higher dps mount in PVE than the raptor, honestly that could be its thing and id be okay with that, to those saying "its a wvw mount" then they need to do exactly what Aeolus said +

> > >**cut off the ability to get skins for it** if the thing is opened or used in PVE.

> >

> > Ahh.. so one of those ‘if it’s only for WvW they should get no shiny skins?’ Really? That’s what you are going to pull out? Is that because you would like to say WvW players don’t support the game or what?

> >

> >

>

> Negative, in this example if the Warclaw was limited to nothing but WVW the warclaws skins would be sold separately in their own packs. i wouldnt be and im sure many others who seldom if -at all- step foot into WVW wouldnt be satisfied if we bought one of the mount licenses for a really cool skin we wanted and got a warclaw skin instead, something wed never use cause we never go to the one location it can be used. Reverse that, im sure someone who -only does wvw- would be HIGHLY dissatisfied they got a skin for one of the mounts they cant use. It goes both ways.

>

> If you limit the mount to nothing but WVW, then the skins for it need to be removed from the packs and sold separately. -OR- make the packs function differently depending on where they are opened. Opened in PVE? Can get all mount skins but warclaw. Opened in WVW? either would function like A.) Can get all mounts including warclaw or B.) can only get warclaw skins.

>

> Dont read into things that arent there. If i wanted to say what you posted, i would have, and throwing words into mouths does nothing but make people not want to respond.

>

> And to those making claims by saying "its a wvw mount" thats not an argument. What harm would it do to the game to have it a little more useful in PVE? i can think of none. Skyscale has already replaced all mounts for me anyways for the most part. So if the argument is "it would do nothing unique" well guess what, im already not using any mount but one cause its far more convenient for travel especially with all masteries unless im doing races or RP.

So, by that logic, no one should get skins anywhere then. Take them out of any ‘key’ pack and get rid of mount packs as many of us don’t play PvE. Let them remain 2000 gems per skin from the gem store. So that way you only get the mount skin you want.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > Greedy pve player wants more goodies

>

> not sure how to feel about this considering wvw players beg for things and when things are given to them they rage about it... and ask for it to be removed. Then wonder why they dont get anything in the very next breath.

Yes, that's half true. Some people wanted, others didn't. Even made a poll and it was 50/50.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > Then lock / disable it outside pve : ). It would fix my selected mount every time a come from wvw.

> > > >

> > > > and disable the ability to unlock those skins from mount packs unless you open them in WVW. id be pissed off if i got a skin for a mount i couldnt use due to not going to that game mode often.

> > > >

> > > > the warclaw -could- be a slower higher dps mount in PVE than the raptor, honestly that could be its thing and id be okay with that, to those saying "its a wvw mount" then they need to do exactly what Aeolus said +

> > > >**cut off the ability to get skins for it** if the thing is opened or used in PVE.

> > >

> > > Ahh.. so one of those ‘if it’s only for WvW they should get no shiny skins?’ Really? That’s what you are going to pull out? Is that because you would like to say WvW players don’t support the game or what?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Negative, in this example if the Warclaw was limited to nothing but WVW the warclaws skins would be sold separately in their own packs. i wouldnt be and im sure many others who seldom if -at all- step foot into WVW wouldnt be satisfied if we bought one of the mount licenses for a really cool skin we wanted and got a warclaw skin instead, something wed never use cause we never go to the one location it can be used. Reverse that, im sure someone who -only does wvw- would be HIGHLY dissatisfied they got a skin for one of the mounts they cant use. It goes both ways.

> >

> > If you limit the mount to nothing but WVW, then the skins for it need to be removed from the packs and sold separately. -OR- make the packs function differently depending on where they are opened. Opened in PVE? Can get all mount skins but warclaw. Opened in WVW? either would function like A.) Can get all mounts including warclaw or B.) can only get warclaw skins.

> >

> > Dont read into things that arent there. If i wanted to say what you posted, i would have, and throwing words into mouths does nothing but make people not want to respond.

> >

> > And to those making claims by saying "its a wvw mount" thats not an argument. What harm would it do to the game to have it a little more useful in PVE? i can think of none. Skyscale has already replaced all mounts for me anyways for the most part. So if the argument is "it would do nothing unique" well guess what, im already not using any mount but one cause its far more convenient for travel especially with all masteries unless im doing races or RP.

>

> So, by that logic, no one should get skins anywhere then. Take them out of any ‘key’ pack and get rid of mount packs as many of us don’t play PvE. Let them remain 2000 gems per skin from the gem store. So that way you only get the mount skin you want.

>

>

Someone wrote this on this very topic, amusing isnt it.

"Frankly if you buy a MMO exclusivley to play PvP that's like buying a car just to drive up and down a driveway.. or installing a game and only bothering with 1% of it's content.. that makes no sense at all."

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Anet should not have let it be useable in PvE, leading many to not really understand that its a pure wvw mount.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Strongly disagree, if it were not usable in PvE Anet wouldn't have mady anywhere near the kind of money they did from Warclaw skins.. not to mention more recent packs include the Warclaw in them so if you unlocked a RNG warclaw skin players would be justifyably annoyed that they wasted money because they didn't have the mount nor want it because it's only usable in WvW and they don't like the gamemode.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw is primarily a WvW mount, everyone knows that.. but it is also serves a role as a default core world mount for players who do not want to rush ahead to PoF to unlock the Raptor.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > The only restriction on it being that you need PoF to unlock the Warclaw which is something I strongly do not agree with, it should be made available to everyone without needing an expansion.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > This would not only encourage people to come to WvW to get the mount but it will also encourage them to buy the expansions/PoF at least to unlock the better ones.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Mounts are a PoF thing. That shouldnt change.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Moreover, it is MUCH easier to unlock the raptor for a new player than warclaw, you should know that. Warclaw needs a whole reward track (pretty sure 8 hours for a new player in wvw will be absolute hell), plus a keep capture (which on many days is impossible, depending on matchup). Anet made a wvw-only useful mount (which wvwers didnt even ask for) . Pve has raptor, jackal, skimmer, bunny, Skyscale, Griffon, Beetle. Which place will a pve-updated warclaw fill?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yes but you need the expansion and have to skip ahead to unlock the raptor and not everyone is ok with doing that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > If Warclaw were available to all as it should be since WvW is core game content it would function as a base mount and fix mobility problems in both WvW and PvE that often result in people without PoF being left out and unable to keep up with other players because they have no mounts.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw won't remedy that entirely but it will help a lot and give players much more incentive to pick up PoF, it'll also function as a big non-expansion end game reward to persue that they can obtain and use on all new characters going forward to.. a big enticement for people to try/play WvW which currently they do not have.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > There's simply no reason not to do this imo and many good reasons to do it.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If people cant be bothered to "skip ahead" and do minutes' worth of pve to get raptor, I am pretty confident they will have a LOT more trouble in a competitive mode, where gankers wait to oneshot those poor new players. No, warclaw shouldnt be free to get. It is primarily a wvw mount, mounts are a PoF exclusive thing. Wvw being a core mode has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > > > > > > > People should buy PoF if they want mounts, in the way they should buy HoT and/or PoF for their unique specs. Theyre cheap enough.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's got nothing to do with not being bothered to skip ahead.. people mainly don't do it becuase of story spoilers!

> > > > > > > > > > I played through the entirity of LW2, HoT and LW3 with a friend a little over a year back with him refusing to skip ahead because he didn't want to spoil the story for himself.

> > > > > > > > > > Saying people can't be bothered is just rude and insulting.. they put far more effort into refraining skipping ahead for their mounts than the single day of work I spent getting my Warclaw.. and I'm not a regular WvW player nor did I run any kind of meta or competative builds.. I got my Warclaw just fine with a PvE build and much of it was runing around alone.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you want WvW to be better then you need more people playing it and to get more people playing it you need to incentivise them to play it.. otheriwse people are not going to waste their time on a gamemode they're constantly told is dying and full of elitist players that don't want them there.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Many pvers got warclaw. I was there during its release and the huge queues. Queues dropped. Pvers got their shiny and left. They arent playing wvw. No incentive there. Warclaw drove more wvwers away than it drew in. I cannot really understand why everything in this game has to cater to pve players, isnt like 95% of the content pve oriented? Cant wvw have its one, unique thing?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is YOUR opinion. Unless you will/should somehow dictate to everyone how they spend their time and money. God forbid they have fun in different modes

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's not an opinion it's a fact, Devs invest in PvE far more than PvP and WvW because it where the vast majority of players are and what they want more of, it's where they make almost all of their money and PvE content is the biggest, continuous selling point of the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not saying you can't enjoy different game modes, I said it makes no sense why you'd buy or invest in a MMORPG if you limit yourself to an extremely small part of it's content.

> > > > > >

> > > > > That is precisely what you said: "Frankly if you buy a MMO exclusivley to play PvP that's like buying a car just to drive up and down a driveway.. or installing a game and only bothering with 1% of it's content.. that makes no sense at all."

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I didn't however say you couldn't do it as you're implying, only that it doesn't make sense to buy a game and dismiss the vast majority of it's content.

> > > > Most would agree that makes little to no sense, specially if you're paying money for it.

> > > >

> > > > > > > The vast majority of devs work on PvE stuff, wvw has... Half a dev, at best. Pvers wont magically love a competitive mode where their toon gets killed over and over, unless they can skip pvp. Numerous tips on how to get GoB without meeting enemies exist, eotm perma karma trains were just that, (cap and recap cycles with no fights), to name a few. The "elitist pvp/wvw" crowd had its own rules. People need to adapt to said gamemodes, not the other way around.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes but if you want more dev attention then you need WvW to be more popular otherwise they are never going to justify wasting significant dev time on it.. that's my point.

> > > > > Dev attention means freebies for pvers?

> > > >

> > > > > No, actually, noone wants a mode changed to cater to pver mentality. And this has been proven time and again with the death of eotm when regular exp was removed and rewards were nerfed. If people enjoyed the pvp elements, they would have stayed cause that certainly didnt change. Guess what, everyone left.

> > > >

> > > > No it means a better game for everyone.

> > > >

> > > > You do realize WvW is based in a PVEVP setting right? It is NOT! pure PvP as duelists and solo roamers tend to treat it.

> > > > If anything WvW has had it's more PvE elements butchered over the years partly because of complaints by WvW players and the actual WvW experience has died because everyone would rather cap and recap, duel or solo roam than actually stage and fight big battles which is what the mode was designed for and what should be a regular occurance there.

> > > > You can't blame Pver's and dev neglect for that.. that was all on you guys.

> > > >

> > > > WvW doesn't need to cater to Pver mentality but it does need to change and return to what WvW is supposed to be.. and everyone needs to adapt to that or just accept that WvW is never going to get any better.

> > > >

> > > > > > For the record the cap and recap cycles with no fights are one of the biggest reasons I hated WvW for years.. that kitten is insufferably boring and completely mindnumbing.

> > > > > EotM did this, pvers did endless ktrains with all wvw rewards plus pve rewards, eotm died when rewards were nerfed. They dont step into wvw cause they hate the pvp part of wvw. This should be clear. Warclaw has nothing to do with this, considering that a lot of pvers got the mount and never reentered wvw.

> > > >

> > > > Yes I remember that time and all the awesome big battles I had due to the large number of players playing the game mode.. My favourite was when my server's army had a 35minute standoff with another, It was awesome even though we eventually lost it.

> > > > Removing the rewards is connected in part to the butchering of PvE elements from a PvEvP game mode that I mentioned above, and that was largely to blame for such a population drop in the first place.

> > > > You can't put that on Pve players because when the rewards stopped and the pver's left the WvW players continued the same cap and recap stuff only now it wasn't rewarding and became very boring because all the big battles which were the best part of WvW went away because the players now avoided them.

> > > >

> > > > > > WvW is supposed to be a place for big chaotic battles not avoiding them.. that's what most people want when they go there and the absense of them is what makes many of us leave.

> > > > > I dont know which server you are in, but if you have a shortage of fights, move to a server that suits you better. Wvw has battles, of course it does, but every reset is plagued by lag, huge lag, making it unplayable. I have yet to hear about a server that doesnt fight, at least in EU. Eotm had that absence of battles, people avoided each other.

> > > >

> > > > Seafarers Rest, I used to get my battles often enough back in the day, not so much now though.

> > > > Either my squad runs or theirs does.

> > > > Only time I get any kind of battle is if a group of people decide to defend a location which is rare, usually they abandon it and just recap it later.. because it's more rewarding than defending.

> > > >

> > > > > > Those battles can only exist as a result of players participating and organizing them.. if the WvW elites are not actively doing this then they are part of the problem that's killing the game mode.

> > > > > WvW is organized, comms ask for specific classes abd builds to maximize efficiency. Pvers cant change their mindset, play pve builds, die over and over, complain about wvw being toxic, leave. I play many hours of wvw each day, I keep seeing this every day.

> > > >

> > > > Yep been those kinds of squads too.. and they often avoid big skirmishes as well choosing only to engage if they know they will win.

> > > > I've even had an instance where I've been following a huge squad and a huge enemy squad runs past.. we size each other up and then both squads just walk away because they don't want to fight each other.. I logged out after that and didn't come back to WvW until the Warclaw was released because it annoyed me so much.

> > > >

> > > > > > I see far too much 1v1 nonsense and solo roaming popularity in WvW, roaming has a place but not if everyone would rather do it than form an army and actually go to war with another one.. that's what the game mode exists for.

> > > > > >

> > > > > If you dont like it, dont roam. Roaming has a special place in the way of denying supply, sneaky camp caps, distracting the enemy, cutting off reinforcements. Again, you cant tell people how to play. Yet you do.

> > > >

> > > > It does have a place, but not if everyone is doing it and having 1v1 duels..

> > > > Being forced into the role because nobody wants to do anything else is partly what is killing WvW.

> > > >

> > > > > > > I urge you to see dev communicating and updated in wvw. Please tell me about what they changes how often those changes get implemented. Bugs still exist after 7 years of wvw, unfixed bugs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is ONE dev working on wvw and not even full time, at that. I am pretty confident this isnt slowing down pve development. Wvwers (surprise!) spend gems on cosmetics, transfers etc much like other players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pvers came to wvw when pips were introduced, saw they have to invest time and gear, and left just as fast. For the last time, you cannot make people like pvp. Unless they can skip it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again, more dev attention requires more popular WvW which means you need more players.

> > > > > Again, pvers will only enter wvw if rewards are substantially buffed and pvp elements nerfed.

> > > >

> > > > Buffed rewards would help but so would WvW actually being WvW and not the pseudo PvP joke it's become.

> > > > As I said most people who want to PvP go to PvP., and that's where they belong.

> > > > WvW is for PvEvP and you guys treating it like PvP is part of the problem that's killing it.

> > > >

> > > > > > There's little the Devs can do to fix this when the thing that sells people on WvW is content that players have to create and participate in.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Players hate content cause they hate seeing their toon die.

> > > >

> > > > That's just ridiculous, nobody would play the game if that was the case.

> > > >

> > > > > > > So why change warclaw? Leave it as it is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > You dont even know what incentive you want."a better pve warclaw will make me like... Wvw,!" HOW? How will a mount which has 0 place in pve (plenty of other mounts) will make people like wvw?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not arguing to "change" it.

> > > > > > I'm arguing to make it far more accessable to everyone by removing the PoF requirement, thus making Warclaw serve as a genuine core game endgame reward for people to persue, a bigger incentive to more people to come to WvW to get it and fixing the mobility gap issue that currently exists in both PvE and WvW that is punishing people, turning them away from WvW and making them feel like Path of Fire is pay to win because of the exclusive mount access.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Fractals are Core content, too. Should we allow people to have HoT/PoF specs to "draw more people in"? Nope.

> > > > > PoF has the strongest specs for wvw. The mount

> > > > > It is accessible to those who wvw, provided they buy PoF. Everyone else doesnt need it. 7 PoF mounts are enough. "p2w" could apply as far as the specs are concerned, but... Warclaw? Really?

> > > >

> > > > Elite Specs don't replace core classes, they add to them and there are plenty of viable core builds that don't use elite specs.

> > > > Mounts on the other hand create a huge mobility gap between players that have them and players that dont, in WvW where players need to stay together in large groups.. not having access to a mount because you don't have the expansion puts you at a massive disadvantage and practically forces you to solo roam which for a new player is the fastest way to kill their interest in WvW.

> > > > If you don't think that is a problem then im inclined to believe that you simply don't want new players there in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > > > Warclaw as a mount is fine imo in both game modes and the only place it should be buffed or granted new abilities is in WvW and only WvW.

> > > > > Its not fine. It ruined many wvw aspects, added to lag, while it catered to pvers not liking to get ganked. And thats why they announced they will nerf it even further. Rightly so.

> > > >

> > > > What WvW aspects would those be? do elaborate on your complaints because I don't have any.

> > > > As for the lag.. I don't get it often but then I have a good Pc and a fast connection which is pretty much essential for a gamemode like WvW anyway.

> > > >

> > > > > > I maintain my stance that WvW is more enjoyable and less tedious since it's introduction but that is my opinion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > To you, a pver, it certainly is. To me, not really. I mentioned things above.

> > > >

> > > > Mostly a Pver, I can enjoy all game modes providing they are fun and WvW isn't fun in it's current state largely because there is no WvW in WvW and far too much PvP.

> > > >

> > > > > > The only incentive I need to play more WvW is for WvW to actually be a WvW game mode and feature WvW battles.. the absense of WvW content is what puts me off playing it and that's because players would rather solo roam or duel or run around capping and recapping instead of actually staging battles.

> > > > > You vastly underestimate roaming.

> > > >

> > > > No, im forced to do it almost every time I go there.

> > > > It's boring and the only action it gives is solo capping or small pvp skirmishes which are far more enjoyable in actual PvP as that's what PvP is for in the first place.

> > > > WvW is for big battles between armies of players and those big battles are a rarety in it.

> > > >

> > > > > > In it's current form WvW is far more like a giant PvP map.. if I want to duel people then I'll go to PvP, I go to WvW for the Warzone which rarely ever exists.

> > > > > >

> > > > > It is a pvp map cause wvw is a... Mainly pvp mode. How is that surprising?

> > > >

> > > > It's PvEvP.

> > > >

> > > > > > > No big investments have been made to wvw, if you were even remotely aware, that is. Alliances, for example, were annnounced years ago. See how that worked out to this day. Balance has been neglected for years. Powercreep pve raids brought ruined wvw, among other things

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You got 2 new maps and everyone complained about them.. personally I like Desert borderlands and EOTM, at least a lot more than the standard Borderlands map which is mindnumbingly boring to play on after so many years.. I would gladly see the dupicate maps replaced with new ones.

> > > > > > Alliances is something im very much looking forward to as well yet no matter how many times the devs say it will be done when it's done all I ever see are people complaining about it.

> > > > > > I knew it would be a long wait and im still waiting too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Imagine pvers waiting for a new living world episode for 2 years. Hah.

> > > >

> > > > We've been waiting for the next expansion for over 2 and probably will have to wait another year or 2 for it.

> > > > I'm waiting on alliances just like you, you don't need to keep making salty jabs at content you have full access to but choose not to play.

> > > >

> > > > > > Again though these issues come down to dev time and that is something they are not going to waste on a gamemode that most people don't play and there is very little they can do to make it more fun.

> > > > > They dont play it cause, again, pvp isnt for everyone.

> > > >

> > > > Again it's not PvP it's PvEvP, they're not the same thing and they cater to different people.

> > > > Some don't like WvW so the go to PvP.

> > > > Some prefer to stay in PvE.

> > > > And some don't care for PvP and want to exprience WvW as a WvW game mode not a pseudo PvP game mode which isn't fun to them.

> > > >

> > > > > > Players make the battles and the battles are the content.. so it falls on players to make WvW fun not the devs and that's where so much has gone wrong imo as many players have done the opposite and made WvW a very boring and un-fun place instead.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Players make metas, builds etc. Pvers play "however they want". They get farmed. People dont tag up anymore. Not surprising.

> > > >

> > > > Because a lot of the WvW commanders have given up and moved on.. largely because they got fed up with the state of WvW.

> > > > This isn't Pvers fault it's WvW players fault.

> > > >

> > > > > > As for Powercreep and balance issues.. I have been fully 100% behind splitting all skills/traits in every game mode since Gw2 was released 7 years ago.

> > > > > > WvW, PvP and PvE balancing conflicts have always been a massive pain in the kitten since the game came out.. what works in one doesnt in others, fix a balance problem in one and break it in others it's an absolute disaster.

> > > > > > Each mode should be split and balanced individually to suit that game mode, that is just basic common sense and it baffles me why the devs still havent fully done this.

> > > > > Because pve is their main target, which you fully agree with. Cant understand why youre baffled.

> > > >

> > > > That has nothing to do with it.

> > > > The only way non skill splitting makse sense is if Gw2 was an open world PvEvP game in general.. but it's not.

> > > > It has 3 disctinctly different game modes that should be balanced individually, it's more resources and time initially sure but it's also common sense and saves you far more trouble down the road.

> > >

> > > "wvw has too much pvp". There we have it.

> > > Good day.

> >

> > WvW a PvEvP game mode has no PvE, no WvW and only really bad PvP due to elitist toxic players who think they own the gamemode but they also wonder why it's dead.. and can't accept the hard truth they are the reason.

> >

> > Good day.

>

> "World versus World (also known as WvW, and sometimes referred to in-universe as the Mist War) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several dozen players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, as well as complete other PvE-type content to win World Experience for themselves."

>

> Plenty of pve, I think. Cap structures, and other objectives.

I wouldn't call that PvE, those structures are part of the WvWPvP experience, capture and hold them but nobody bothers with the hold part.

More rewarding to let it fall and capture it again.. part of the problem WvW players created.

There used to be more events such as group boss spawns and WvW used to be more rewarding in general but that was all changed largely because of WvW elites complaining about it.. ergo driving a lot of people away as the content became less rewarding and more boring.

> On a side note, sfr have blobs throughout the day. Unless you share the" i need a comm to play otherwise ded gaem"

Occasionally yes, but 99% of the time from my experiences it's avoiding large scale battles and capturing and recapturing farms which is boring as hell.

> Elitist, toxic players exist in all modes. Toxic casuals exist in all modes, too, in many forms. The" bad pvp" is something i cant understand, maybe you want to elaborate on that.

Bad PvP referring to playing WvW the same way you would play PvP.. 1v1's etc.

PvP is the place for that not WvW and I for one am tired of seeing people getting mad and raging at someone when they interfere in a duel on a bloody battleground.

Rule of WvW is if it's not an ally it's a free kill.

If you want to duel do it in PvP where that 1v1 stuff belongs.

You guys need to stop treating WvW as a pure PvP gamemode because it isn't, It's PvEvP game mode and the removal/decline of PvE elements from it is largely to blame for it's declining population and enjoyment.

If your thing is PvP then go play PvP, it's that simple.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Anet should not have let it be useable in PvE, leading many to not really understand that its a pure wvw mount.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Strongly disagree, if it were not usable in PvE Anet wouldn't have mady anywhere near the kind of money they did from Warclaw skins.. not to mention more recent packs include the Warclaw in them so if you unlocked a RNG warclaw skin players would be justifyably annoyed that they wasted money because they didn't have the mount nor want it because it's only usable in WvW and they don't like the gamemode.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw is primarily a WvW mount, everyone knows that.. but it is also serves a role as a default core world mount for players who do not want to rush ahead to PoF to unlock the Raptor.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The only restriction on it being that you need PoF to unlock the Warclaw which is something I strongly do not agree with, it should be made available to everyone without needing an expansion.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This would not only encourage people to come to WvW to get the mount but it will also encourage them to buy the expansions/PoF at least to unlock the better ones.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Mounts are a PoF thing. That shouldnt change.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Moreover, it is MUCH easier to unlock the raptor for a new player than warclaw, you should know that. Warclaw needs a whole reward track (pretty sure 8 hours for a new player in wvw will be absolute hell), plus a keep capture (which on many days is impossible, depending on matchup). Anet made a wvw-only useful mount (which wvwers didnt even ask for) . Pve has raptor, jackal, skimmer, bunny, Skyscale, Griffon, Beetle. Which place will a pve-updated warclaw fill?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes but you need the expansion and have to skip ahead to unlock the raptor and not everyone is ok with doing that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If Warclaw were available to all as it should be since WvW is core game content it would function as a base mount and fix mobility problems in both WvW and PvE that often result in people without PoF being left out and unable to keep up with other players because they have no mounts.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw won't remedy that entirely but it will help a lot and give players much more incentive to pick up PoF, it'll also function as a big non-expansion end game reward to persue that they can obtain and use on all new characters going forward to.. a big enticement for people to try/play WvW which currently they do not have.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > There's simply no reason not to do this imo and many good reasons to do it.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If people cant be bothered to "skip ahead" and do minutes' worth of pve to get raptor, I am pretty confident they will have a LOT more trouble in a competitive mode, where gankers wait to oneshot those poor new players. No, warclaw shouldnt be free to get. It is primarily a wvw mount, mounts are a PoF exclusive thing. Wvw being a core mode has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > > > > > > > > People should buy PoF if they want mounts, in the way they should buy HoT and/or PoF for their unique specs. Theyre cheap enough.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's got nothing to do with not being bothered to skip ahead.. people mainly don't do it becuase of story spoilers!

> > > > > > > > > > > I played through the entirity of LW2, HoT and LW3 with a friend a little over a year back with him refusing to skip ahead because he didn't want to spoil the story for himself.

> > > > > > > > > > > Saying people can't be bothered is just rude and insulting.. they put far more effort into refraining skipping ahead for their mounts than the single day of work I spent getting my Warclaw.. and I'm not a regular WvW player nor did I run any kind of meta or competative builds.. I got my Warclaw just fine with a PvE build and much of it was runing around alone.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If you want WvW to be better then you need more people playing it and to get more people playing it you need to incentivise them to play it.. otheriwse people are not going to waste their time on a gamemode they're constantly told is dying and full of elitist players that don't want them there.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Many pvers got warclaw. I was there during its release and the huge queues. Queues dropped. Pvers got their shiny and left. They arent playing wvw. No incentive there. Warclaw drove more wvwers away than it drew in. I cannot really understand why everything in this game has to cater to pve players, isnt like 95% of the content pve oriented? Cant wvw have its one, unique thing?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That is YOUR opinion. Unless you will/should somehow dictate to everyone how they spend their time and money. God forbid they have fun in different modes

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's not an opinion it's a fact, Devs invest in PvE far more than PvP and WvW because it where the vast majority of players are and what they want more of, it's where they make almost all of their money and PvE content is the biggest, continuous selling point of the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not saying you can't enjoy different game modes, I said it makes no sense why you'd buy or invest in a MMORPG if you limit yourself to an extremely small part of it's content.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > That is precisely what you said: "Frankly if you buy a MMO exclusivley to play PvP that's like buying a car just to drive up and down a driveway.. or installing a game and only bothering with 1% of it's content.. that makes no sense at all."

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't however say you couldn't do it as you're implying, only that it doesn't make sense to buy a game and dismiss the vast majority of it's content.

> > > > > Most would agree that makes little to no sense, specially if you're paying money for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > The vast majority of devs work on PvE stuff, wvw has... Half a dev, at best. Pvers wont magically love a competitive mode where their toon gets killed over and over, unless they can skip pvp. Numerous tips on how to get GoB without meeting enemies exist, eotm perma karma trains were just that, (cap and recap cycles with no fights), to name a few. The "elitist pvp/wvw" crowd had its own rules. People need to adapt to said gamemodes, not the other way around.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes but if you want more dev attention then you need WvW to be more popular otherwise they are never going to justify wasting significant dev time on it.. that's my point.

> > > > > > Dev attention means freebies for pvers?

> > > > >

> > > > > > No, actually, noone wants a mode changed to cater to pver mentality. And this has been proven time and again with the death of eotm when regular exp was removed and rewards were nerfed. If people enjoyed the pvp elements, they would have stayed cause that certainly didnt change. Guess what, everyone left.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it means a better game for everyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > You do realize WvW is based in a PVEVP setting right? It is NOT! pure PvP as duelists and solo roamers tend to treat it.

> > > > > If anything WvW has had it's more PvE elements butchered over the years partly because of complaints by WvW players and the actual WvW experience has died because everyone would rather cap and recap, duel or solo roam than actually stage and fight big battles which is what the mode was designed for and what should be a regular occurance there.

> > > > > You can't blame Pver's and dev neglect for that.. that was all on you guys.

> > > > >

> > > > > WvW doesn't need to cater to Pver mentality but it does need to change and return to what WvW is supposed to be.. and everyone needs to adapt to that or just accept that WvW is never going to get any better.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > For the record the cap and recap cycles with no fights are one of the biggest reasons I hated WvW for years.. that kitten is insufferably boring and completely mindnumbing.

> > > > > > EotM did this, pvers did endless ktrains with all wvw rewards plus pve rewards, eotm died when rewards were nerfed. They dont step into wvw cause they hate the pvp part of wvw. This should be clear. Warclaw has nothing to do with this, considering that a lot of pvers got the mount and never reentered wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes I remember that time and all the awesome big battles I had due to the large number of players playing the game mode.. My favourite was when my server's army had a 35minute standoff with another, It was awesome even though we eventually lost it.

> > > > > Removing the rewards is connected in part to the butchering of PvE elements from a PvEvP game mode that I mentioned above, and that was largely to blame for such a population drop in the first place.

> > > > > You can't put that on Pve players because when the rewards stopped and the pver's left the WvW players continued the same cap and recap stuff only now it wasn't rewarding and became very boring because all the big battles which were the best part of WvW went away because the players now avoided them.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > WvW is supposed to be a place for big chaotic battles not avoiding them.. that's what most people want when they go there and the absense of them is what makes many of us leave.

> > > > > > I dont know which server you are in, but if you have a shortage of fights, move to a server that suits you better. Wvw has battles, of course it does, but every reset is plagued by lag, huge lag, making it unplayable. I have yet to hear about a server that doesnt fight, at least in EU. Eotm had that absence of battles, people avoided each other.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seafarers Rest, I used to get my battles often enough back in the day, not so much now though.

> > > > > Either my squad runs or theirs does.

> > > > > Only time I get any kind of battle is if a group of people decide to defend a location which is rare, usually they abandon it and just recap it later.. because it's more rewarding than defending.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Those battles can only exist as a result of players participating and organizing them.. if the WvW elites are not actively doing this then they are part of the problem that's killing the game mode.

> > > > > > WvW is organized, comms ask for specific classes abd builds to maximize efficiency. Pvers cant change their mindset, play pve builds, die over and over, complain about wvw being toxic, leave. I play many hours of wvw each day, I keep seeing this every day.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yep been those kinds of squads too.. and they often avoid big skirmishes as well choosing only to engage if they know they will win.

> > > > > I've even had an instance where I've been following a huge squad and a huge enemy squad runs past.. we size each other up and then both squads just walk away because they don't want to fight each other.. I logged out after that and didn't come back to WvW until the Warclaw was released because it annoyed me so much.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > I see far too much 1v1 nonsense and solo roaming popularity in WvW, roaming has a place but not if everyone would rather do it than form an army and actually go to war with another one.. that's what the game mode exists for.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > If you dont like it, dont roam. Roaming has a special place in the way of denying supply, sneaky camp caps, distracting the enemy, cutting off reinforcements. Again, you cant tell people how to play. Yet you do.

> > > > >

> > > > > It does have a place, but not if everyone is doing it and having 1v1 duels..

> > > > > Being forced into the role because nobody wants to do anything else is partly what is killing WvW.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > I urge you to see dev communicating and updated in wvw. Please tell me about what they changes how often those changes get implemented. Bugs still exist after 7 years of wvw, unfixed bugs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is ONE dev working on wvw and not even full time, at that. I am pretty confident this isnt slowing down pve development. Wvwers (surprise!) spend gems on cosmetics, transfers etc much like other players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Pvers came to wvw when pips were introduced, saw they have to invest time and gear, and left just as fast. For the last time, you cannot make people like pvp. Unless they can skip it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again, more dev attention requires more popular WvW which means you need more players.

> > > > > > Again, pvers will only enter wvw if rewards are substantially buffed and pvp elements nerfed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Buffed rewards would help but so would WvW actually being WvW and not the pseudo PvP joke it's become.

> > > > > As I said most people who want to PvP go to PvP., and that's where they belong.

> > > > > WvW is for PvEvP and you guys treating it like PvP is part of the problem that's killing it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > There's little the Devs can do to fix this when the thing that sells people on WvW is content that players have to create and participate in.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Players hate content cause they hate seeing their toon die.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's just ridiculous, nobody would play the game if that was the case.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > So why change warclaw? Leave it as it is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You dont even know what incentive you want."a better pve warclaw will make me like... Wvw,!" HOW? How will a mount which has 0 place in pve (plenty of other mounts) will make people like wvw?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not arguing to "change" it.

> > > > > > > I'm arguing to make it far more accessable to everyone by removing the PoF requirement, thus making Warclaw serve as a genuine core game endgame reward for people to persue, a bigger incentive to more people to come to WvW to get it and fixing the mobility gap issue that currently exists in both PvE and WvW that is punishing people, turning them away from WvW and making them feel like Path of Fire is pay to win because of the exclusive mount access.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Fractals are Core content, too. Should we allow people to have HoT/PoF specs to "draw more people in"? Nope.

> > > > > > PoF has the strongest specs for wvw. The mount

> > > > > > It is accessible to those who wvw, provided they buy PoF. Everyone else doesnt need it. 7 PoF mounts are enough. "p2w" could apply as far as the specs are concerned, but... Warclaw? Really?

> > > > >

> > > > > Elite Specs don't replace core classes, they add to them and there are plenty of viable core builds that don't use elite specs.

> > > > > Mounts on the other hand create a huge mobility gap between players that have them and players that dont, in WvW where players need to stay together in large groups.. not having access to a mount because you don't have the expansion puts you at a massive disadvantage and practically forces you to solo roam which for a new player is the fastest way to kill their interest in WvW.

> > > > > If you don't think that is a problem then im inclined to believe that you simply don't want new players there in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Warclaw as a mount is fine imo in both game modes and the only place it should be buffed or granted new abilities is in WvW and only WvW.

> > > > > > Its not fine. It ruined many wvw aspects, added to lag, while it catered to pvers not liking to get ganked. And thats why they announced they will nerf it even further. Rightly so.

> > > > >

> > > > > What WvW aspects would those be? do elaborate on your complaints because I don't have any.

> > > > > As for the lag.. I don't get it often but then I have a good Pc and a fast connection which is pretty much essential for a gamemode like WvW anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > I maintain my stance that WvW is more enjoyable and less tedious since it's introduction but that is my opinion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > To you, a pver, it certainly is. To me, not really. I mentioned things above.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mostly a Pver, I can enjoy all game modes providing they are fun and WvW isn't fun in it's current state largely because there is no WvW in WvW and far too much PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > The only incentive I need to play more WvW is for WvW to actually be a WvW game mode and feature WvW battles.. the absense of WvW content is what puts me off playing it and that's because players would rather solo roam or duel or run around capping and recapping instead of actually staging battles.

> > > > > > You vastly underestimate roaming.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, im forced to do it almost every time I go there.

> > > > > It's boring and the only action it gives is solo capping or small pvp skirmishes which are far more enjoyable in actual PvP as that's what PvP is for in the first place.

> > > > > WvW is for big battles between armies of players and those big battles are a rarety in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > In it's current form WvW is far more like a giant PvP map.. if I want to duel people then I'll go to PvP, I go to WvW for the Warzone which rarely ever exists.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > It is a pvp map cause wvw is a... Mainly pvp mode. How is that surprising?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's PvEvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > No big investments have been made to wvw, if you were even remotely aware, that is. Alliances, for example, were annnounced years ago. See how that worked out to this day. Balance has been neglected for years. Powercreep pve raids brought ruined wvw, among other things

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You got 2 new maps and everyone complained about them.. personally I like Desert borderlands and EOTM, at least a lot more than the standard Borderlands map which is mindnumbingly boring to play on after so many years.. I would gladly see the dupicate maps replaced with new ones.

> > > > > > > Alliances is something im very much looking forward to as well yet no matter how many times the devs say it will be done when it's done all I ever see are people complaining about it.

> > > > > > > I knew it would be a long wait and im still waiting too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Imagine pvers waiting for a new living world episode for 2 years. Hah.

> > > > >

> > > > > We've been waiting for the next expansion for over 2 and probably will have to wait another year or 2 for it.

> > > > > I'm waiting on alliances just like you, you don't need to keep making salty jabs at content you have full access to but choose not to play.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Again though these issues come down to dev time and that is something they are not going to waste on a gamemode that most people don't play and there is very little they can do to make it more fun.

> > > > > > They dont play it cause, again, pvp isnt for everyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again it's not PvP it's PvEvP, they're not the same thing and they cater to different people.

> > > > > Some don't like WvW so the go to PvP.

> > > > > Some prefer to stay in PvE.

> > > > > And some don't care for PvP and want to exprience WvW as a WvW game mode not a pseudo PvP game mode which isn't fun to them.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Players make the battles and the battles are the content.. so it falls on players to make WvW fun not the devs and that's where so much has gone wrong imo as many players have done the opposite and made WvW a very boring and un-fun place instead.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Players make metas, builds etc. Pvers play "however they want". They get farmed. People dont tag up anymore. Not surprising.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because a lot of the WvW commanders have given up and moved on.. largely because they got fed up with the state of WvW.

> > > > > This isn't Pvers fault it's WvW players fault.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > As for Powercreep and balance issues.. I have been fully 100% behind splitting all skills/traits in every game mode since Gw2 was released 7 years ago.

> > > > > > > WvW, PvP and PvE balancing conflicts have always been a massive pain in the kitten since the game came out.. what works in one doesnt in others, fix a balance problem in one and break it in others it's an absolute disaster.

> > > > > > > Each mode should be split and balanced individually to suit that game mode, that is just basic common sense and it baffles me why the devs still havent fully done this.

> > > > > > Because pve is their main target, which you fully agree with. Cant understand why youre baffled.

> > > > >

> > > > > That has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > The only way non skill splitting makse sense is if Gw2 was an open world PvEvP game in general.. but it's not.

> > > > > It has 3 disctinctly different game modes that should be balanced individually, it's more resources and time initially sure but it's also common sense and saves you far more trouble down the road.

> > > >

> > > > "wvw has too much pvp". There we have it.

> > > > Good day.

> > >

> > > WvW a PvEvP game mode has no PvE, no WvW and only really bad PvP due to elitist toxic players who think they own the gamemode but they also wonder why it's dead.. and can't accept the hard truth they are the reason.

> > >

> > > Good day.

> >

> > "World versus World (also known as WvW, and sometimes referred to in-universe as the Mist War) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several dozen players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, as well as complete other PvE-type content to win World Experience for themselves."

> >

> > Plenty of pve, I think. Cap structures, and other objectives.

>

> I wouldn't call that PvE, those structures are part of the WvWPvP experience, capture and hold them but nobody bothers with the hold part.

> More rewarding to let it fall and capture it again.. part of the problem WvW players created.

> There used to be more events such as group boss spawns and WvW used to be more rewarding in general but that was all changed largely because of WvW elites complaining about it.. ergo driving a lot of people away as the content became less rewarding and more boring.

Shame wvw does not have this stuff anymore because its pretty dull at the moment its more chill than spvp but at the same time its easy for me to burn out on the mode because its the same stuff over and over especially with bigger zerg fights.

>

> > On a side note, sfr have blobs throughout the day. Unless you share the" i need a comm to play otherwise ded gaem"

>

> Occasionally yes, but 99% of the time from my experiences it's avoiding large scale battles and capturing and recapturing farms which is boring as hell.

Agree with this its mostly large scale battles and unless you find a small guild who is basically dedicated to being a small roaming havoc squad (5-15 ish players) thats the only time wvw is most entertaining.

>

> > Elitist, toxic players exist in all modes. Toxic casuals exist in all modes, too, in many forms. The" bad pvp" is something i cant understand, maybe you want to elaborate on that.

>

> Bad PvP referring to playing WvW the same way you would play PvP.. 1v1's etc.

> PvP is the place for that not WvW and I for one am tired of seeing people getting mad and raging at someone when they interfere in a duel on a bloody battleground.

sPvP is far more toxic than WvW I wish anet disabled the power for enemy teams to talk to you in pvp matches much like it is in wvw. I find WvW pretty chill most of the time compared to sPvP

> If you want to duel do it in PvP where that 1v1 stuff belongs.

This is not true tbh i see people dueling in WvW all the time you just need to know where to look and go so you wont get interrupted by zergs passing by. Even so most people recognize a duel and wont bother it. If someone does bother it they get promptly erased by the onlookers or other members participating in the duel.

> You guys need to stop treating WvW as a pure PvP gamemode because it isn't, It's PvEvP game mode and the removal/decline of PvE elements from it is largely to blame for it's declining population and enjoyment.

Barely its missing a lot of the PvE element to be frank with you its more so just PvP (bigger scale) without more of a PvE element its hardly comparable to a PvEvP. IT needs far more AI's and much stronger bosses and environmental effects going to to make it feel like a real PvEvP mode. Also from what i've gathered people love big scaled fights but hate a lot of the things caused by those big fights.

We want big battles but hate when people bring lots of scourges and firebrands etc.

Small scaled battles dont happen enough in wvw which i would honestly like to see a bit more.

There could be far more environmental effects that just happen with the day and night cycles

Why are there not weather cycles

Why are there not event cycles that are releitive to whats going on in the living story. (why dont we get brand storm procs or blizzards)

So many more things we could see going on in wvw to make it a real PvEvP imo its just 3 way PvP with a bigger player count for 90% of the content.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > Then lock / disable it outside pve : ). It would fix my selected mount every time a come from wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > and disable the ability to unlock those skins from mount packs unless you open them in WVW. id be pissed off if i got a skin for a mount i couldnt use due to not going to that game mode often.

> > > > >

> > > > > the warclaw -could- be a slower higher dps mount in PVE than the raptor, honestly that could be its thing and id be okay with that, to those saying "its a wvw mount" then they need to do exactly what Aeolus said +

> > > > >**cut off the ability to get skins for it** if the thing is opened or used in PVE.

> > > >

> > > > Ahh.. so one of those ‘if it’s only for WvW they should get no shiny skins?’ Really? That’s what you are going to pull out? Is that because you would like to say WvW players don’t support the game or what?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Negative, in this example if the Warclaw was limited to nothing but WVW the warclaws skins would be sold separately in their own packs. i wouldnt be and im sure many others who seldom if -at all- step foot into WVW wouldnt be satisfied if we bought one of the mount licenses for a really cool skin we wanted and got a warclaw skin instead, something wed never use cause we never go to the one location it can be used. Reverse that, im sure someone who -only does wvw- would be HIGHLY dissatisfied they got a skin for one of the mounts they cant use. It goes both ways.

> > >

> > > If you limit the mount to nothing but WVW, then the skins for it need to be removed from the packs and sold separately. -OR- make the packs function differently depending on where they are opened. Opened in PVE? Can get all mount skins but warclaw. Opened in WVW? either would function like A.) Can get all mounts including warclaw or B.) can only get warclaw skins.

> > >

> > > Dont read into things that arent there. If i wanted to say what you posted, i would have, and throwing words into mouths does nothing but make people not want to respond.

> > >

> > > And to those making claims by saying "its a wvw mount" thats not an argument. What harm would it do to the game to have it a little more useful in PVE? i can think of none. Skyscale has already replaced all mounts for me anyways for the most part. So if the argument is "it would do nothing unique" well guess what, im already not using any mount but one cause its far more convenient for travel especially with all masteries unless im doing races or RP.

> >

> > So, by that logic, no one should get skins anywhere then. Take them out of any ‘key’ pack and get rid of mount packs as many of us don’t play PvE. Let them remain 2000 gems per skin from the gem store. So that way you only get the mount skin you want.

> >

> >

>

> Someone wrote this on this very topic, amusing isnt it.

> "Frankly if you buy a MMO exclusivley to play PvP that's like buying a car just to drive up and down a driveway.. or installing a game and only bothering with 1% of it's content.. that makes no sense at all."

eh, hes not even reading what im posting, so im not gonna bother anymore.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Anet should not have let it be useable in PvE, leading many to not really understand that its a pure wvw mount.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Strongly disagree, if it were not usable in PvE Anet wouldn't have mady anywhere near the kind of money they did from Warclaw skins.. not to mention more recent packs include the Warclaw in them so if you unlocked a RNG warclaw skin players would be justifyably annoyed that they wasted money because they didn't have the mount nor want it because it's only usable in WvW and they don't like the gamemode.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw is primarily a WvW mount, everyone knows that.. but it is also serves a role as a default core world mount for players who do not want to rush ahead to PoF to unlock the Raptor.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The only restriction on it being that you need PoF to unlock the Warclaw which is something I strongly do not agree with, it should be made available to everyone without needing an expansion.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This would not only encourage people to come to WvW to get the mount but it will also encourage them to buy the expansions/PoF at least to unlock the better ones.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Mounts are a PoF thing. That shouldnt change.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Moreover, it is MUCH easier to unlock the raptor for a new player than warclaw, you should know that. Warclaw needs a whole reward track (pretty sure 8 hours for a new player in wvw will be absolute hell), plus a keep capture (which on many days is impossible, depending on matchup). Anet made a wvw-only useful mount (which wvwers didnt even ask for) . Pve has raptor, jackal, skimmer, bunny, Skyscale, Griffon, Beetle. Which place will a pve-updated warclaw fill?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes but you need the expansion and have to skip ahead to unlock the raptor and not everyone is ok with doing that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If Warclaw were available to all as it should be since WvW is core game content it would function as a base mount and fix mobility problems in both WvW and PvE that often result in people without PoF being left out and unable to keep up with other players because they have no mounts.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw won't remedy that entirely but it will help a lot and give players much more incentive to pick up PoF, it'll also function as a big non-expansion end game reward to persue that they can obtain and use on all new characters going forward to.. a big enticement for people to try/play WvW which currently they do not have.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > There's simply no reason not to do this imo and many good reasons to do it.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If people cant be bothered to "skip ahead" and do minutes' worth of pve to get raptor, I am pretty confident they will have a LOT more trouble in a competitive mode, where gankers wait to oneshot those poor new players. No, warclaw shouldnt be free to get. It is primarily a wvw mount, mounts are a PoF exclusive thing. Wvw being a core mode has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > > > > > > > > People should buy PoF if they want mounts, in the way they should buy HoT and/or PoF for their unique specs. Theyre cheap enough.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It's got nothing to do with not being bothered to skip ahead.. people mainly don't do it becuase of story spoilers!

> > > > > > > > > > > I played through the entirity of LW2, HoT and LW3 with a friend a little over a year back with him refusing to skip ahead because he didn't want to spoil the story for himself.

> > > > > > > > > > > Saying people can't be bothered is just rude and insulting.. they put far more effort into refraining skipping ahead for their mounts than the single day of work I spent getting my Warclaw.. and I'm not a regular WvW player nor did I run any kind of meta or competative builds.. I got my Warclaw just fine with a PvE build and much of it was runing around alone.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If you want WvW to be better then you need more people playing it and to get more people playing it you need to incentivise them to play it.. otheriwse people are not going to waste their time on a gamemode they're constantly told is dying and full of elitist players that don't want them there.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Many pvers got warclaw. I was there during its release and the huge queues. Queues dropped. Pvers got their shiny and left. They arent playing wvw. No incentive there. Warclaw drove more wvwers away than it drew in. I cannot really understand why everything in this game has to cater to pve players, isnt like 95% of the content pve oriented? Cant wvw have its one, unique thing?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That is YOUR opinion. Unless you will/should somehow dictate to everyone how they spend their time and money. God forbid they have fun in different modes

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's not an opinion it's a fact, Devs invest in PvE far more than PvP and WvW because it where the vast majority of players are and what they want more of, it's where they make almost all of their money and PvE content is the biggest, continuous selling point of the game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not saying you can't enjoy different game modes, I said it makes no sense why you'd buy or invest in a MMORPG if you limit yourself to an extremely small part of it's content.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > That is precisely what you said: "Frankly if you buy a MMO exclusivley to play PvP that's like buying a car just to drive up and down a driveway.. or installing a game and only bothering with 1% of it's content.. that makes no sense at all."

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't however say you couldn't do it as you're implying, only that it doesn't make sense to buy a game and dismiss the vast majority of it's content.

> > > > > Most would agree that makes little to no sense, specially if you're paying money for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > The vast majority of devs work on PvE stuff, wvw has... Half a dev, at best. Pvers wont magically love a competitive mode where their toon gets killed over and over, unless they can skip pvp. Numerous tips on how to get GoB without meeting enemies exist, eotm perma karma trains were just that, (cap and recap cycles with no fights), to name a few. The "elitist pvp/wvw" crowd had its own rules. People need to adapt to said gamemodes, not the other way around.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes but if you want more dev attention then you need WvW to be more popular otherwise they are never going to justify wasting significant dev time on it.. that's my point.

> > > > > > Dev attention means freebies for pvers?

> > > > >

> > > > > > No, actually, noone wants a mode changed to cater to pver mentality. And this has been proven time and again with the death of eotm when regular exp was removed and rewards were nerfed. If people enjoyed the pvp elements, they would have stayed cause that certainly didnt change. Guess what, everyone left.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it means a better game for everyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > You do realize WvW is based in a PVEVP setting right? It is NOT! pure PvP as duelists and solo roamers tend to treat it.

> > > > > If anything WvW has had it's more PvE elements butchered over the years partly because of complaints by WvW players and the actual WvW experience has died because everyone would rather cap and recap, duel or solo roam than actually stage and fight big battles which is what the mode was designed for and what should be a regular occurance there.

> > > > > You can't blame Pver's and dev neglect for that.. that was all on you guys.

> > > > >

> > > > > WvW doesn't need to cater to Pver mentality but it does need to change and return to what WvW is supposed to be.. and everyone needs to adapt to that or just accept that WvW is never going to get any better.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > For the record the cap and recap cycles with no fights are one of the biggest reasons I hated WvW for years.. that kitten is insufferably boring and completely mindnumbing.

> > > > > > EotM did this, pvers did endless ktrains with all wvw rewards plus pve rewards, eotm died when rewards were nerfed. They dont step into wvw cause they hate the pvp part of wvw. This should be clear. Warclaw has nothing to do with this, considering that a lot of pvers got the mount and never reentered wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes I remember that time and all the awesome big battles I had due to the large number of players playing the game mode.. My favourite was when my server's army had a 35minute standoff with another, It was awesome even though we eventually lost it.

> > > > > Removing the rewards is connected in part to the butchering of PvE elements from a PvEvP game mode that I mentioned above, and that was largely to blame for such a population drop in the first place.

> > > > > You can't put that on Pve players because when the rewards stopped and the pver's left the WvW players continued the same cap and recap stuff only now it wasn't rewarding and became very boring because all the big battles which were the best part of WvW went away because the players now avoided them.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > WvW is supposed to be a place for big chaotic battles not avoiding them.. that's what most people want when they go there and the absense of them is what makes many of us leave.

> > > > > > I dont know which server you are in, but if you have a shortage of fights, move to a server that suits you better. Wvw has battles, of course it does, but every reset is plagued by lag, huge lag, making it unplayable. I have yet to hear about a server that doesnt fight, at least in EU. Eotm had that absence of battles, people avoided each other.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seafarers Rest, I used to get my battles often enough back in the day, not so much now though.

> > > > > Either my squad runs or theirs does.

> > > > > Only time I get any kind of battle is if a group of people decide to defend a location which is rare, usually they abandon it and just recap it later.. because it's more rewarding than defending.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Those battles can only exist as a result of players participating and organizing them.. if the WvW elites are not actively doing this then they are part of the problem that's killing the game mode.

> > > > > > WvW is organized, comms ask for specific classes abd builds to maximize efficiency. Pvers cant change their mindset, play pve builds, die over and over, complain about wvw being toxic, leave. I play many hours of wvw each day, I keep seeing this every day.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yep been those kinds of squads too.. and they often avoid big skirmishes as well choosing only to engage if they know they will win.

> > > > > I've even had an instance where I've been following a huge squad and a huge enemy squad runs past.. we size each other up and then both squads just walk away because they don't want to fight each other.. I logged out after that and didn't come back to WvW until the Warclaw was released because it annoyed me so much.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > I see far too much 1v1 nonsense and solo roaming popularity in WvW, roaming has a place but not if everyone would rather do it than form an army and actually go to war with another one.. that's what the game mode exists for.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > If you dont like it, dont roam. Roaming has a special place in the way of denying supply, sneaky camp caps, distracting the enemy, cutting off reinforcements. Again, you cant tell people how to play. Yet you do.

> > > > >

> > > > > It does have a place, but not if everyone is doing it and having 1v1 duels..

> > > > > Being forced into the role because nobody wants to do anything else is partly what is killing WvW.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > I urge you to see dev communicating and updated in wvw. Please tell me about what they changes how often those changes get implemented. Bugs still exist after 7 years of wvw, unfixed bugs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is ONE dev working on wvw and not even full time, at that. I am pretty confident this isnt slowing down pve development. Wvwers (surprise!) spend gems on cosmetics, transfers etc much like other players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Pvers came to wvw when pips were introduced, saw they have to invest time and gear, and left just as fast. For the last time, you cannot make people like pvp. Unless they can skip it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again, more dev attention requires more popular WvW which means you need more players.

> > > > > > Again, pvers will only enter wvw if rewards are substantially buffed and pvp elements nerfed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Buffed rewards would help but so would WvW actually being WvW and not the pseudo PvP joke it's become.

> > > > > As I said most people who want to PvP go to PvP., and that's where they belong.

> > > > > WvW is for PvEvP and you guys treating it like PvP is part of the problem that's killing it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > There's little the Devs can do to fix this when the thing that sells people on WvW is content that players have to create and participate in.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Players hate content cause they hate seeing their toon die.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's just ridiculous, nobody would play the game if that was the case.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > So why change warclaw? Leave it as it is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You dont even know what incentive you want."a better pve warclaw will make me like... Wvw,!" HOW? How will a mount which has 0 place in pve (plenty of other mounts) will make people like wvw?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not arguing to "change" it.

> > > > > > > I'm arguing to make it far more accessable to everyone by removing the PoF requirement, thus making Warclaw serve as a genuine core game endgame reward for people to persue, a bigger incentive to more people to come to WvW to get it and fixing the mobility gap issue that currently exists in both PvE and WvW that is punishing people, turning them away from WvW and making them feel like Path of Fire is pay to win because of the exclusive mount access.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Fractals are Core content, too. Should we allow people to have HoT/PoF specs to "draw more people in"? Nope.

> > > > > > PoF has the strongest specs for wvw. The mount

> > > > > > It is accessible to those who wvw, provided they buy PoF. Everyone else doesnt need it. 7 PoF mounts are enough. "p2w" could apply as far as the specs are concerned, but... Warclaw? Really?

> > > > >

> > > > > Elite Specs don't replace core classes, they add to them and there are plenty of viable core builds that don't use elite specs.

> > > > > Mounts on the other hand create a huge mobility gap between players that have them and players that dont, in WvW where players need to stay together in large groups.. not having access to a mount because you don't have the expansion puts you at a massive disadvantage and practically forces you to solo roam which for a new player is the fastest way to kill their interest in WvW.

> > > > > If you don't think that is a problem then im inclined to believe that you simply don't want new players there in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Warclaw as a mount is fine imo in both game modes and the only place it should be buffed or granted new abilities is in WvW and only WvW.

> > > > > > Its not fine. It ruined many wvw aspects, added to lag, while it catered to pvers not liking to get ganked. And thats why they announced they will nerf it even further. Rightly so.

> > > > >

> > > > > What WvW aspects would those be? do elaborate on your complaints because I don't have any.

> > > > > As for the lag.. I don't get it often but then I have a good Pc and a fast connection which is pretty much essential for a gamemode like WvW anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > I maintain my stance that WvW is more enjoyable and less tedious since it's introduction but that is my opinion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > To you, a pver, it certainly is. To me, not really. I mentioned things above.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mostly a Pver, I can enjoy all game modes providing they are fun and WvW isn't fun in it's current state largely because there is no WvW in WvW and far too much PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > The only incentive I need to play more WvW is for WvW to actually be a WvW game mode and feature WvW battles.. the absense of WvW content is what puts me off playing it and that's because players would rather solo roam or duel or run around capping and recapping instead of actually staging battles.

> > > > > > You vastly underestimate roaming.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, im forced to do it almost every time I go there.

> > > > > It's boring and the only action it gives is solo capping or small pvp skirmishes which are far more enjoyable in actual PvP as that's what PvP is for in the first place.

> > > > > WvW is for big battles between armies of players and those big battles are a rarety in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > In it's current form WvW is far more like a giant PvP map.. if I want to duel people then I'll go to PvP, I go to WvW for the Warzone which rarely ever exists.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > It is a pvp map cause wvw is a... Mainly pvp mode. How is that surprising?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's PvEvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > No big investments have been made to wvw, if you were even remotely aware, that is. Alliances, for example, were annnounced years ago. See how that worked out to this day. Balance has been neglected for years. Powercreep pve raids brought ruined wvw, among other things

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You got 2 new maps and everyone complained about them.. personally I like Desert borderlands and EOTM, at least a lot more than the standard Borderlands map which is mindnumbingly boring to play on after so many years.. I would gladly see the dupicate maps replaced with new ones.

> > > > > > > Alliances is something im very much looking forward to as well yet no matter how many times the devs say it will be done when it's done all I ever see are people complaining about it.

> > > > > > > I knew it would be a long wait and im still waiting too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Imagine pvers waiting for a new living world episode for 2 years. Hah.

> > > > >

> > > > > We've been waiting for the next expansion for over 2 and probably will have to wait another year or 2 for it.

> > > > > I'm waiting on alliances just like you, you don't need to keep making salty jabs at content you have full access to but choose not to play.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Again though these issues come down to dev time and that is something they are not going to waste on a gamemode that most people don't play and there is very little they can do to make it more fun.

> > > > > > They dont play it cause, again, pvp isnt for everyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again it's not PvP it's PvEvP, they're not the same thing and they cater to different people.

> > > > > Some don't like WvW so the go to PvP.

> > > > > Some prefer to stay in PvE.

> > > > > And some don't care for PvP and want to exprience WvW as a WvW game mode not a pseudo PvP game mode which isn't fun to them.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Players make the battles and the battles are the content.. so it falls on players to make WvW fun not the devs and that's where so much has gone wrong imo as many players have done the opposite and made WvW a very boring and un-fun place instead.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > Players make metas, builds etc. Pvers play "however they want". They get farmed. People dont tag up anymore. Not surprising.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because a lot of the WvW commanders have given up and moved on.. largely because they got fed up with the state of WvW.

> > > > > This isn't Pvers fault it's WvW players fault.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > As for Powercreep and balance issues.. I have been fully 100% behind splitting all skills/traits in every game mode since Gw2 was released 7 years ago.

> > > > > > > WvW, PvP and PvE balancing conflicts have always been a massive pain in the kitten since the game came out.. what works in one doesnt in others, fix a balance problem in one and break it in others it's an absolute disaster.

> > > > > > > Each mode should be split and balanced individually to suit that game mode, that is just basic common sense and it baffles me why the devs still havent fully done this.

> > > > > > Because pve is their main target, which you fully agree with. Cant understand why youre baffled.

> > > > >

> > > > > That has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > The only way non skill splitting makse sense is if Gw2 was an open world PvEvP game in general.. but it's not.

> > > > > It has 3 disctinctly different game modes that should be balanced individually, it's more resources and time initially sure but it's also common sense and saves you far more trouble down the road.

> > > >

> > > > "wvw has too much pvp". There we have it.

> > > > Good day.

> > >

> > > WvW a PvEvP game mode has no PvE, no WvW and only really bad PvP due to elitist toxic players who think they own the gamemode but they also wonder why it's dead.. and can't accept the hard truth they are the reason.

> > >

> > > Good day.

> >

> > "World versus World (also known as WvW, and sometimes referred to in-universe as the Mist War) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several dozen players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, as well as complete other PvE-type content to win World Experience for themselves."

> >

> > Plenty of pve, I think. Cap structures, and other objectives.

>

> I wouldn't call that PvE, those structures are part of the WvWPvP experience, capture and hold them but nobody bothers with the hold part.

> More rewarding to let it fall and capture it again.. part of the problem WvW players created.

> There used to be more events such as group boss spawns and WvW used to be more rewarding in general but that was all changed largely because of WvW elites complaining about it.. ergo driving a lot of people away as the content became less rewarding and more boring.

>

> > On a side note, sfr have blobs throughout the day. Unless you share the" i need a comm to play otherwise ded gaem"

>

> Occasionally yes, but 99% of the time from my experiences it's avoiding large scale battles and capturing and recapturing farms which is boring as hell.

>

> > Elitist, toxic players exist in all modes. Toxic casuals exist in all modes, too, in many forms. The" bad pvp" is something i cant understand, maybe you want to elaborate on that.

>

> Bad PvP referring to playing WvW the same way you would play PvP.. 1v1's etc.

You can choose to not duel. Let others play how they want. If enemies oneshoot you and you find this disturbing, the issue lies with you.

> PvP is the place for that not WvW and I for one am tired of seeing people getting mad and raging at someone when they interfere in a duel on a bloody battleground.

>

WvW is the place for duels havoc small scale roaming blobbing zerging etc. People play how they want, how is that wrong

> Rule of WvW is if it's not an ally it's a free kill.

> If you want to duel do it in PvP where that 1v1 stuff belongs.

"if its Red, its dead" no rules apply in wvw, you wanna gank those who duel, gank em

> You guys need to stop treating WvW as a pure PvP gamemode because it isn't, It's PvEvP game mode and the removal/decline of PvE elements from it is largely to blame for it's declining population and enjoyment.

>

Actually, pvers need to stop trying to make wvw another pve map with exclusive wvw rewards. "but eotm was awesome!" yes cause rewards were both wvw and pve and people avoided pvp pretty much constantly. I was in eotm and i saw first hand what those commanders did. People dont like pvp, and this is fine. Trying to remove pvp from wvw by intoducing more pve is a horrible idea. Wvw is primarily an open world pvp zone. People transfer and fight and bandwagon for kis and battle, not faster killing of lords and skritt. Whoever thinks differently can spend their time on other, less stressful activities.

> If your thing is PvP then go play PvP, it's that simple.

I dont like pve raids either, but I would never suggest trying to dumb content down to suit my own needs. Adapt to the mode you enter, the mode shouldnt adapt to you. If you dont like pvp, dont join wvw.

Edit: merry christmas!!!

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > If you want to duel do it in PvP where that 1v1 stuff belongs.

> This is not true tbh i see people dueling in WvW all the time you just need to know where to look and go so you wont get interrupted by zergs passing by. Even so most people recognize a duel and wont bother it. If someone does bother it they get promptly erased by the onlookers or other members participating in the duel.

Isn't that exactly the point? Groups of people dissatisfied of what WvW is are trying to enforce different sets of rules for some parts of that mode on people that were fine with the base rules ("if it's red, it's dead"). And if someone tries to play the mode as intended, they get punished for that.

And all of that for no gain at all - SPvP is a far better environment for this kind of duels, there's no reason to disrupt WvW for that.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Anet should not have let it be useable in PvE, leading many to not really understand that its a pure wvw mount.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Strongly disagree, if it were not usable in PvE Anet wouldn't have mady anywhere near the kind of money they did from Warclaw skins.. not to mention more recent packs include the Warclaw in them so if you unlocked a RNG warclaw skin players would be justifyably annoyed that they wasted money because they didn't have the mount nor want it because it's only usable in WvW and they don't like the gamemode.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw is primarily a WvW mount, everyone knows that.. but it is also serves a role as a default core world mount for players who do not want to rush ahead to PoF to unlock the Raptor.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The only restriction on it being that you need PoF to unlock the Warclaw which is something I strongly do not agree with, it should be made available to everyone without needing an expansion.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This would not only encourage people to come to WvW to get the mount but it will also encourage them to buy the expansions/PoF at least to unlock the better ones.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Mounts are a PoF thing. That shouldnt change.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Moreover, it is MUCH easier to unlock the raptor for a new player than warclaw, you should know that. Warclaw needs a whole reward track (pretty sure 8 hours for a new player in wvw will be absolute hell), plus a keep capture (which on many days is impossible, depending on matchup). Anet made a wvw-only useful mount (which wvwers didnt even ask for) . Pve has raptor, jackal, skimmer, bunny, Skyscale, Griffon, Beetle. Which place will a pve-updated warclaw fill?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes but you need the expansion and have to skip ahead to unlock the raptor and not everyone is ok with doing that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If Warclaw were available to all as it should be since WvW is core game content it would function as a base mount and fix mobility problems in both WvW and PvE that often result in people without PoF being left out and unable to keep up with other players because they have no mounts.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Warclaw won't remedy that entirely but it will help a lot and give players much more incentive to pick up PoF, it'll also function as a big non-expansion end game reward to persue that they can obtain and use on all new characters going forward to.. a big enticement for people to try/play WvW which currently they do not have.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > There's simply no reason not to do this imo and many good reasons to do it.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If people cant be bothered to "skip ahead" and do minutes' worth of pve to get raptor, I am pretty confident they will have a LOT more trouble in a competitive mode, where gankers wait to oneshot those poor new players. No, warclaw shouldnt be free to get. It is primarily a wvw mount, mounts are a PoF exclusive thing. Wvw being a core mode has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > People should buy PoF if they want mounts, in the way they should buy HoT and/or PoF for their unique specs. Theyre cheap enough.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It's got nothing to do with not being bothered to skip ahead.. people mainly don't do it becuase of story spoilers!

> > > > > > > > > > > > I played through the entirity of LW2, HoT and LW3 with a friend a little over a year back with him refusing to skip ahead because he didn't want to spoil the story for himself.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Saying people can't be bothered is just rude and insulting.. they put far more effort into refraining skipping ahead for their mounts than the single day of work I spent getting my Warclaw.. and I'm not a regular WvW player nor did I run any kind of meta or competative builds.. I got my Warclaw just fine with a PvE build and much of it was runing around alone.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If you want WvW to be better then you need more people playing it and to get more people playing it you need to incentivise them to play it.. otheriwse people are not going to waste their time on a gamemode they're constantly told is dying and full of elitist players that don't want them there.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Many pvers got warclaw. I was there during its release and the huge queues. Queues dropped. Pvers got their shiny and left. They arent playing wvw. No incentive there. Warclaw drove more wvwers away than it drew in. I cannot really understand why everything in this game has to cater to pve players, isnt like 95% of the content pve oriented? Cant wvw have its one, unique thing?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That is YOUR opinion. Unless you will/should somehow dictate to everyone how they spend their time and money. God forbid they have fun in different modes

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's not an opinion it's a fact, Devs invest in PvE far more than PvP and WvW because it where the vast majority of players are and what they want more of, it's where they make almost all of their money and PvE content is the biggest, continuous selling point of the game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not saying you can't enjoy different game modes, I said it makes no sense why you'd buy or invest in a MMORPG if you limit yourself to an extremely small part of it's content.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is precisely what you said: "Frankly if you buy a MMO exclusivley to play PvP that's like buying a car just to drive up and down a driveway.. or installing a game and only bothering with 1% of it's content.. that makes no sense at all."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn't however say you couldn't do it as you're implying, only that it doesn't make sense to buy a game and dismiss the vast majority of it's content.

> > > > > > Most would agree that makes little to no sense, specially if you're paying money for it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The vast majority of devs work on PvE stuff, wvw has... Half a dev, at best. Pvers wont magically love a competitive mode where their toon gets killed over and over, unless they can skip pvp. Numerous tips on how to get GoB without meeting enemies exist, eotm perma karma trains were just that, (cap and recap cycles with no fights), to name a few. The "elitist pvp/wvw" crowd had its own rules. People need to adapt to said gamemodes, not the other way around.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes but if you want more dev attention then you need WvW to be more popular otherwise they are never going to justify wasting significant dev time on it.. that's my point.

> > > > > > > Dev attention means freebies for pvers?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, actually, noone wants a mode changed to cater to pver mentality. And this has been proven time and again with the death of eotm when regular exp was removed and rewards were nerfed. If people enjoyed the pvp elements, they would have stayed cause that certainly didnt change. Guess what, everyone left.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it means a better game for everyone.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You do realize WvW is based in a PVEVP setting right? It is NOT! pure PvP as duelists and solo roamers tend to treat it.

> > > > > > If anything WvW has had it's more PvE elements butchered over the years partly because of complaints by WvW players and the actual WvW experience has died because everyone would rather cap and recap, duel or solo roam than actually stage and fight big battles which is what the mode was designed for and what should be a regular occurance there.

> > > > > > You can't blame Pver's and dev neglect for that.. that was all on you guys.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > WvW doesn't need to cater to Pver mentality but it does need to change and return to what WvW is supposed to be.. and everyone needs to adapt to that or just accept that WvW is never going to get any better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > For the record the cap and recap cycles with no fights are one of the biggest reasons I hated WvW for years.. that kitten is insufferably boring and completely mindnumbing.

> > > > > > > EotM did this, pvers did endless ktrains with all wvw rewards plus pve rewards, eotm died when rewards were nerfed. They dont step into wvw cause they hate the pvp part of wvw. This should be clear. Warclaw has nothing to do with this, considering that a lot of pvers got the mount and never reentered wvw.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes I remember that time and all the awesome big battles I had due to the large number of players playing the game mode.. My favourite was when my server's army had a 35minute standoff with another, It was awesome even though we eventually lost it.

> > > > > > Removing the rewards is connected in part to the butchering of PvE elements from a PvEvP game mode that I mentioned above, and that was largely to blame for such a population drop in the first place.

> > > > > > You can't put that on Pve players because when the rewards stopped and the pver's left the WvW players continued the same cap and recap stuff only now it wasn't rewarding and became very boring because all the big battles which were the best part of WvW went away because the players now avoided them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > WvW is supposed to be a place for big chaotic battles not avoiding them.. that's what most people want when they go there and the absense of them is what makes many of us leave.

> > > > > > > I dont know which server you are in, but if you have a shortage of fights, move to a server that suits you better. Wvw has battles, of course it does, but every reset is plagued by lag, huge lag, making it unplayable. I have yet to hear about a server that doesnt fight, at least in EU. Eotm had that absence of battles, people avoided each other.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seafarers Rest, I used to get my battles often enough back in the day, not so much now though.

> > > > > > Either my squad runs or theirs does.

> > > > > > Only time I get any kind of battle is if a group of people decide to defend a location which is rare, usually they abandon it and just recap it later.. because it's more rewarding than defending.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Those battles can only exist as a result of players participating and organizing them.. if the WvW elites are not actively doing this then they are part of the problem that's killing the game mode.

> > > > > > > WvW is organized, comms ask for specific classes abd builds to maximize efficiency. Pvers cant change their mindset, play pve builds, die over and over, complain about wvw being toxic, leave. I play many hours of wvw each day, I keep seeing this every day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yep been those kinds of squads too.. and they often avoid big skirmishes as well choosing only to engage if they know they will win.

> > > > > > I've even had an instance where I've been following a huge squad and a huge enemy squad runs past.. we size each other up and then both squads just walk away because they don't want to fight each other.. I logged out after that and didn't come back to WvW until the Warclaw was released because it annoyed me so much.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I see far too much 1v1 nonsense and solo roaming popularity in WvW, roaming has a place but not if everyone would rather do it than form an army and actually go to war with another one.. that's what the game mode exists for.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you dont like it, dont roam. Roaming has a special place in the way of denying supply, sneaky camp caps, distracting the enemy, cutting off reinforcements. Again, you cant tell people how to play. Yet you do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It does have a place, but not if everyone is doing it and having 1v1 duels..

> > > > > > Being forced into the role because nobody wants to do anything else is partly what is killing WvW.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I urge you to see dev communicating and updated in wvw. Please tell me about what they changes how often those changes get implemented. Bugs still exist after 7 years of wvw, unfixed bugs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is ONE dev working on wvw and not even full time, at that. I am pretty confident this isnt slowing down pve development. Wvwers (surprise!) spend gems on cosmetics, transfers etc much like other players.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Pvers came to wvw when pips were introduced, saw they have to invest time and gear, and left just as fast. For the last time, you cannot make people like pvp. Unless they can skip it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again, more dev attention requires more popular WvW which means you need more players.

> > > > > > > Again, pvers will only enter wvw if rewards are substantially buffed and pvp elements nerfed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Buffed rewards would help but so would WvW actually being WvW and not the pseudo PvP joke it's become.

> > > > > > As I said most people who want to PvP go to PvP., and that's where they belong.

> > > > > > WvW is for PvEvP and you guys treating it like PvP is part of the problem that's killing it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There's little the Devs can do to fix this when the thing that sells people on WvW is content that players have to create and participate in.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Players hate content cause they hate seeing their toon die.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's just ridiculous, nobody would play the game if that was the case.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So why change warclaw? Leave it as it is.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You dont even know what incentive you want."a better pve warclaw will make me like... Wvw,!" HOW? How will a mount which has 0 place in pve (plenty of other mounts) will make people like wvw?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not arguing to "change" it.

> > > > > > > > I'm arguing to make it far more accessable to everyone by removing the PoF requirement, thus making Warclaw serve as a genuine core game endgame reward for people to persue, a bigger incentive to more people to come to WvW to get it and fixing the mobility gap issue that currently exists in both PvE and WvW that is punishing people, turning them away from WvW and making them feel like Path of Fire is pay to win because of the exclusive mount access.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Fractals are Core content, too. Should we allow people to have HoT/PoF specs to "draw more people in"? Nope.

> > > > > > > PoF has the strongest specs for wvw. The mount

> > > > > > > It is accessible to those who wvw, provided they buy PoF. Everyone else doesnt need it. 7 PoF mounts are enough. "p2w" could apply as far as the specs are concerned, but... Warclaw? Really?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Elite Specs don't replace core classes, they add to them and there are plenty of viable core builds that don't use elite specs.

> > > > > > Mounts on the other hand create a huge mobility gap between players that have them and players that dont, in WvW where players need to stay together in large groups.. not having access to a mount because you don't have the expansion puts you at a massive disadvantage and practically forces you to solo roam which for a new player is the fastest way to kill their interest in WvW.

> > > > > > If you don't think that is a problem then im inclined to believe that you simply don't want new players there in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Warclaw as a mount is fine imo in both game modes and the only place it should be buffed or granted new abilities is in WvW and only WvW.

> > > > > > > Its not fine. It ruined many wvw aspects, added to lag, while it catered to pvers not liking to get ganked. And thats why they announced they will nerf it even further. Rightly so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What WvW aspects would those be? do elaborate on your complaints because I don't have any.

> > > > > > As for the lag.. I don't get it often but then I have a good Pc and a fast connection which is pretty much essential for a gamemode like WvW anyway.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I maintain my stance that WvW is more enjoyable and less tedious since it's introduction but that is my opinion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To you, a pver, it certainly is. To me, not really. I mentioned things above.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mostly a Pver, I can enjoy all game modes providing they are fun and WvW isn't fun in it's current state largely because there is no WvW in WvW and far too much PvP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The only incentive I need to play more WvW is for WvW to actually be a WvW game mode and feature WvW battles.. the absense of WvW content is what puts me off playing it and that's because players would rather solo roam or duel or run around capping and recapping instead of actually staging battles.

> > > > > > > You vastly underestimate roaming.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, im forced to do it almost every time I go there.

> > > > > > It's boring and the only action it gives is solo capping or small pvp skirmishes which are far more enjoyable in actual PvP as that's what PvP is for in the first place.

> > > > > > WvW is for big battles between armies of players and those big battles are a rarety in it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > In it's current form WvW is far more like a giant PvP map.. if I want to duel people then I'll go to PvP, I go to WvW for the Warzone which rarely ever exists.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is a pvp map cause wvw is a... Mainly pvp mode. How is that surprising?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's PvEvP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No big investments have been made to wvw, if you were even remotely aware, that is. Alliances, for example, were annnounced years ago. See how that worked out to this day. Balance has been neglected for years. Powercreep pve raids brought ruined wvw, among other things

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You got 2 new maps and everyone complained about them.. personally I like Desert borderlands and EOTM, at least a lot more than the standard Borderlands map which is mindnumbingly boring to play on after so many years.. I would gladly see the dupicate maps replaced with new ones.

> > > > > > > > Alliances is something im very much looking forward to as well yet no matter how many times the devs say it will be done when it's done all I ever see are people complaining about it.

> > > > > > > > I knew it would be a long wait and im still waiting too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Imagine pvers waiting for a new living world episode for 2 years. Hah.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We've been waiting for the next expansion for over 2 and probably will have to wait another year or 2 for it.

> > > > > > I'm waiting on alliances just like you, you don't need to keep making salty jabs at content you have full access to but choose not to play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again though these issues come down to dev time and that is something they are not going to waste on a gamemode that most people don't play and there is very little they can do to make it more fun.

> > > > > > > They dont play it cause, again, pvp isnt for everyone.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again it's not PvP it's PvEvP, they're not the same thing and they cater to different people.

> > > > > > Some don't like WvW so the go to PvP.

> > > > > > Some prefer to stay in PvE.

> > > > > > And some don't care for PvP and want to exprience WvW as a WvW game mode not a pseudo PvP game mode which isn't fun to them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Players make the battles and the battles are the content.. so it falls on players to make WvW fun not the devs and that's where so much has gone wrong imo as many players have done the opposite and made WvW a very boring and un-fun place instead.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Players make metas, builds etc. Pvers play "however they want". They get farmed. People dont tag up anymore. Not surprising.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because a lot of the WvW commanders have given up and moved on.. largely because they got fed up with the state of WvW.

> > > > > > This isn't Pvers fault it's WvW players fault.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As for Powercreep and balance issues.. I have been fully 100% behind splitting all skills/traits in every game mode since Gw2 was released 7 years ago.

> > > > > > > > WvW, PvP and PvE balancing conflicts have always been a massive pain in the kitten since the game came out.. what works in one doesnt in others, fix a balance problem in one and break it in others it's an absolute disaster.

> > > > > > > > Each mode should be split and balanced individually to suit that game mode, that is just basic common sense and it baffles me why the devs still havent fully done this.

> > > > > > > Because pve is their main target, which you fully agree with. Cant understand why youre baffled.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That has nothing to do with it.

> > > > > > The only way non skill splitting makse sense is if Gw2 was an open world PvEvP game in general.. but it's not.

> > > > > > It has 3 disctinctly different game modes that should be balanced individually, it's more resources and time initially sure but it's also common sense and saves you far more trouble down the road.

> > > > >

> > > > > "wvw has too much pvp". There we have it.

> > > > > Good day.

> > > >

> > > > WvW a PvEvP game mode has no PvE, no WvW and only really bad PvP due to elitist toxic players who think they own the gamemode but they also wonder why it's dead.. and can't accept the hard truth they are the reason.

> > > >

> > > > Good day.

> > >

> > > "World versus World (also known as WvW, and sometimes referred to in-universe as the Mist War) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several dozen players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, as well as complete other PvE-type content to win World Experience for themselves."

> > >

> > > Plenty of pve, I think. Cap structures, and other objectives.

> >

> > I wouldn't call that PvE, those structures are part of the WvWPvP experience, capture and hold them but nobody bothers with the hold part.

> > More rewarding to let it fall and capture it again.. part of the problem WvW players created.

> > There used to be more events such as group boss spawns and WvW used to be more rewarding in general but that was all changed largely because of WvW elites complaining about it.. ergo driving a lot of people away as the content became less rewarding and more boring.

> >

> > > On a side note, sfr have blobs throughout the day. Unless you share the" i need a comm to play otherwise ded gaem"

> >

> > Occasionally yes, but 99% of the time from my experiences it's avoiding large scale battles and capturing and recapturing farms which is boring as hell.

> >

> > > Elitist, toxic players exist in all modes. Toxic casuals exist in all modes, too, in many forms. The" bad pvp" is something i cant understand, maybe you want to elaborate on that.

> >

> > Bad PvP referring to playing WvW the same way you would play PvP.. 1v1's etc.

> You can choose to not duel. Let others play how they want. If enemies oneshoot you and you find this disturbing, the issue lies with you.

The only time I'll duel is if im running around alone and I encounter another player doing the same.

They can be fun fights sure but if any of my or his allies come along and obliterate one of us then it's perfectly understandable, I wouldn't get mad at my allies for it or his.. it's part of the risk when choosing to engage.

I'd never organize a 1v1 though.. and i'll always defend someone getting chewed up in the chat for interfering in someone elses.

PvP is the better place for that hell even PvE ihas some dueling spots in it. (there's a small dueling arena in the suns refuge instance not to mention the guildhall)

You can 1v1 in any of those places without risk of anyone else interfering.

I'd also like to point out too that i've been a long time supporter of Gw2 having a proper Dueling system in PvE as well, I think that would be a very fun thing to have in the game, would also be fun for others to watch.

But until we have something like that PvP is the only real place where I'd consider the 1v1 dueling thing to be really valid, Guildhalls have instance issues when too plany players come in, no idea why that's even a thing.. and the arena in suns refuge is pretty small and you require living world 4 to access it anyway so not everyone has it.

> > PvP is the place for that not WvW and I for one am tired of seeing people getting mad and raging at someone when they interfere in a duel on a bloody battleground.

> >

> WvW is the place for duels havoc small scale roaming blobbing zerging etc. People play how they want, how is that wrong.

> "if its Red, its dead" no rules apply in wvw, you wanna gank those who duel, gank em

Well you can but we've all been there when you interfere and get a mouthful from your ally for doing so.

I've done it many times because when I see an ally struggling or loosing a fight my brain instantly goes to aid the friendly lol

I do that everywhere, PvP, WvW, PvE and in most other games too.. I'm just used to helping people out like that.

It just comes with the territory of WvW though if you duel there you gotta expect that kinda thing and people getting mad at others for playing the mode as it's supposed to be played is just unfair and often times makes people feel confused.

Stumbling across another 2 players fighting they question, is this a 1v1? should I help? I don't know.. so they don't and again get a mouthful for standing around doing nothing while their ally died.

For newer players coming in that kind of experience is pretty disheartening and it's easy for them to feel like everything they do is wrong and they're just not welcome there.

> > You guys need to stop treating WvW as a pure PvP gamemode because it isn't, It's PvEvP game mode and the removal/decline of PvE elements from it is largely to blame for it's declining population and enjoyment.

> >

> Actually, pvers need to stop trying to make wvw another pve map with exclusive wvw rewards. "but eotm was awesome!" yes cause rewards were both wvw and pve and people avoided pvp pretty much constantly. I was in eotm and i saw first hand what those commanders did. People dont like pvp, and this is fine. Trying to remove pvp from wvw by intoducing more pve is a horrible idea. Wvw is primarily an open world pvp zone. People transfer and fight and bandwagon for kis and battle, not faster killing of lords and skritt. Whoever thinks differently can spend their time on other, less stressful activities.

WvW pretty much is a PvE map with exclusive rewards, it's just not that rewarding anymore due to the diminished PvE aspects which drove much of the playerbase away spoiling the PvP aspect of it as well which is largely all dueling and solo roaming now not big battles as it used to be.

If anything killing other players should be the most rewarding thing about WvW, encourage those big battles.. likewise defense of locations should also be more rewarding to dissuade players from letting them fall so they can recapture them later for more rewards.

This has been a constant problem for a long time imo and the biggest contributor to why people prefer to avoid battles and instead run around playing cap and recap all the time instead.

> > If your thing is PvP then go play PvP, it's that simple.

> I dont like pve raids either, but I would never suggest trying to dumb content down to suit my own needs. Adapt to the mode you enter, the mode shouldnt adapt to you. If you dont like pvp, dont join wvw.

Raids do appeal to a minority, but I am interested in them though havent done many due to lacking my squadmates.. RL got in the way for many of them.

I do back that they need a no reward easy mode style system for people to get used to the mechanics in a more forgiving environment though, as well as being able to access the lore behind them.

Nobody wants to be held up in the actual raid by someone who wants to read dialogue and watch lore cutscenes.. this problem we had all the way back with dungeons too if you played that content and remember lol.

Raids have got a bad rep with players though for exclusion, not so much because of their difficulty but more that they are hard to get into when everyone demands pros and are unwilling to take on anyone who isnt.

When that happens that's a problem with that gamemode's community not the gamemode itself imo.. the same issue occuring in dungeons and fractals many years ago as well.

For WvW though it is PvEvP so PvP is one aspect of it but so is PvE.. the mode needs both of them imo to be both fun and successful.

PvE is for PvErs

PvP is for PvPers

WvW is where the two are supposed to merge into one.

> Edit: merry christmas!!!

Merry Christmas to you too man, I hope you had an awesome day ^^

The warclaw is perfect as it is in PvE. It’s a WvW Mount first and foremost. Do not forget that.

So what if in PvE it’s slower than a raptor, jumps shorter than a jackal etc etc. Not every aspect of the game needs to be experienced at lightning speeds.

Use your warclaw in PvE and enjoy the chill, relaxed speed of the ride while you take in the sights and sounds of our various maps.

I use it all the time in PvE. It’s fine as it is and needs no buffing. Use a different mount if you need a different mount feature.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Anet should not have let it be useable in PvE, leading many to not really understand that its a pure wvw mount.

They should never have made it available in PvE to begin with, then people would not be complaining about its uselessness all the time.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> **(especially after I paid RL cash for the skins)**

No one forced you to buy skins for a WvW mount.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Anet should not have let it be useable in PvE, leading many to not really understand that its a pure wvw mount.

>

> They should never have made it available in PvE to begin with, then people would not be complaining about its uselessness all the time.

>

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > **(especially after I paid RL cash for the skins)**

>

> No one forced you to buy skins for a WvW mount.

The way people spend their own money it's not any of your business and in the same vein it's not my problem if you can't bother to spend couple of days in another mode to get a mount....**afraid of seeing your character die**, nobody asked to add new functionality, simply suggested to moderately increase the running speed to be at least more than on feet running.....you can keep your roleplay commodities with other mounts