And of course. They ruin warriors.

Varnix.5204

I love these changes and I'm a warrior main. Now you need to be more strategic with your bubble instead of just popping 5 and pressing W to roll through smaller groups. It's more an area denial tool like it used to be and should be. Not to mention more room for damage spellbreaker plays, now that you don't have to sit in the enemy group to land a full duration bubble.

Another warrior main here who'd actually been asking for this change to bubble.

If you were able to keep up your whole bubble cast time, you'd often already won the fight, otherwise you'd be getting interrupted.

During the channeling, the warrior isn't doing any damage, and it's pretty boring frankly.

> @"Absurd.2947" said:

> I love these changes and I'm a warrior main. Now you need to be more strategic with your bubble instead of just popping 5 and pressing W to roll through smaller groups. It's more an area denial tool like it used to be and should be. Not to mention more room for damage spellbreaker plays, now that you don't have to sit in the enemy group to land a full duration bubble.

Completely this.

I couldn't try it last night due to crashes, but featherfoot grace (superspeed), bubble, hammer, axe 5 (light field combo!), could be a lot of fun.

> @"Absurd.2947" said:

> I love these changes and I'm a warrior main. Now you need to be more strategic with your bubble instead of just popping 5 and pressing W to roll through smaller groups. It's more an area denial tool like it used to be and should be. Not to mention more room for damage spellbreaker plays, now that you don't have to sit in the enemy group to land a full duration bubble.

As an area denial tool it is relatively weak. It's pulses have been halfed, the cooldown is high, it only actually denies area, if you put a lot of additional effort into it (immob / stun targets inside, that for some reason are not able to circumvent a non-moving target) and on top of it, there is a long cast time.

So unless you need to block a choke and blocking the choke for 5s is somehow enough this is very situational. Dropping the bubble on openfield fights is almost like a random thing now, thanks to the long cast time. Pinpointing that where it needs to be is going to be hard.

To boil it down, the bubble is now like a necromancer well. It pulses for 5s, once every second, hits 5 targets, and strips 1 (or 2 with trait) boons. With a cooldown of 90s. The high cast-time of 1.5s and personal cast area make the bubble hard to place right.

Whereas necro well pulses for 5s, once every second, hits 5 targets, deals damage, also hits 5 targets and strips 1 boon. With a cooldown of only 40 (!) seconds. There is no direct trait to make the well boonrip more, but necros have other traits, which enhance their boonrips in general. I'd call that comparable. The necro well can be cast at range! The necro well also only has a cast-time of 0.25 seconds making it easy to place correctly.

The bubble area is a bit bigger (but the well is still big enough to hit its targets I think).

Maybe I should be comparing the Winds of Disenchantment to Ghastly Breach, but look at all the things breach does. Compare it to the bubble and tell me these things compare well. I think for an elite skill, in comparison the warrior bubble overall as it is now is just too weak.

I am aware that there are further differences (like not able to gain boons in bubble, and the missile block - but honestly who uses bubble for the missile block?)

> @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> > @"Absurd.2947" said:

> > I love these changes and I'm a warrior main. Now you need to be more strategic with your bubble instead of just popping 5 and pressing W to roll through smaller groups. It's more an area denial tool like it used to be and should be. Not to mention more room for damage spellbreaker plays, now that you don't have to sit in the enemy group to land a full duration bubble.

>

> As an area denial tool it is relatively weak. It's pulses have been halfed, the cooldown is high, it only actually denies area, if you put a lot of additional effort into it (immob / stun targets inside, that for some reason are not able to circumvent a non-moving target) and on top of it, there is a long cast time.

> So unless you need to block a choke and blocking the choke for 5s is somehow enough this is very situational. Dropping the bubble on openfield fights is almost like a random thing now, thanks to the long cast time. Pinpointing that where it needs to be is going to be hard.

>

> To boil it down, the bubble is now like a necromancer well. It pulses for 5s, once every second, hits 5 targets, and strips 1 (or 2 with trait) boons. With a cooldown of 90s. The high cast-time of 1.5s and personal cast area make the bubble hard to place right.

> Whereas necro well pulses for 5s, once every second, hits 5 targets, deals damage, also hits 5 targets and strips 1 boon. With a cooldown of only 40 (!) seconds. There is no direct trait to make the well boonrip more, but necros have other traits, which enhance their boonrips in general. I'd call that comparable. The necro well can be cast at range! The necro well also only has a cast-time of 0.25 seconds making it easy to place correctly.

> The bubble area is a bit bigger (but the well is still big enough to hit its targets I think).

>

> Maybe I should be comparing the Winds of Disenchantment to Ghastly Breach, but look at all the things breach does. Compare it to the bubble and tell me these things compare well. I think for an elite skill, in comparison the warrior bubble overall as it is now is just too weak.

>

> I am aware that there are further differences (like not able to gain boons in bubble, and the missile block - but honestly who uses bubble for the missile block?)

>

>

This.....a necro well has as much area denial potential as the warrior bubble... might take some time untill everybody realizes it but when it happens it will be useless....it was a way to bust the enemy zergs concentration...it did not kill things before the patch...there had to be a zerg bombing it...

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Lol. Warrior bubble was the most op skill in the whole game mode. Making them back to their static version is a good thing.

>

> Also they forgot to nerf warrior damage, which makes warrior one of the strongest melee damage dealers in WvW blob fights right now

Sure...thats why everybody and their mother plays warrior....cause it is absurdly strong.....Bubble and Support/Healing were the last things he could provide to a zerg on a meaningful scale...both is gone now or at least strongly nerfed....of course you can still play it....but there are so much better alternatives now that there is no reason to take warrior for zerging anymore.

Edit: Btw Immob Beast can do easily as much damage in melee as a warrior and has also a lot of cc....so much for warriors are so strong...hell it even has more range with its axe auto....I guess you never played warrior in a zerg.

I think you guys aren't getting the value of boon denial from the bubble. I also mentioned that you have to be much more strategic with placing it now. I mean, comparing a well to a bubble...seriously.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

>

> Also they forgot to nerf warrior damage, which makes warrior one of the strongest melee damage dealers in WvW blob fights right now

What?

> @"Absurd.2947" said:

> I think you guys aren't getting the value of boon denial from the bubble. I also mentioned that you have to be much more strategic with placing it now. I mean, comparing a well to a bubble...seriously.

>

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> >

> > Also they forgot to nerf warrior damage, which makes warrior one of the strongest melee damage dealers in WvW blob fights right now

>

> What?

>

Of course you have a point with that boon denial...but that is not as strong as you believe...at least in my opinion. The real question is If you are building a zerg do you take a stationary boon denial with lame boon removal over a necro that instead can corrupt these boons from afar, can bring area denial in form of wells and support and doesnt have to be in melee range for that? I mean over a medicore damage dealer that only does damage in melee? Sure you can play it but the nerf puts SB it into a place where it is not really needed anymore.

I really liked to ran into the enemy zerg, hushing them away like a swarm of doves, blasting my horn and shouts to make it back and contribute to the zerg fight in that way...at the end of the day zerg fights are about movement....sure there are other factors, but if your movement is bad you are more likely to die then the zerg you are fighting. That option is massively butchered in my opinion. Especially on open field. Chokes might still be ok...but open field? Better Take the elite-Banner.

I am not saying that warrior is now super weak, by the way. You can still achieve many strips, ESPECIALLY if the fights last, if your support is at least okay, if you position correctly. Thanks to the way warrior strips work, thanks to reduced CD on break enchantments, thanks to warrior survivability skills, it is still valuable. The CC skills may be weak in terms of damage, but they are highly disruptive. Support is still okay, especially since you will be able to bring your support even under high pressure.

That warrior is high damage is something I cannot confirm. I almost never see warriors in top damage spots, and when I do, they are for the most cases berserkers and are not top consistently as they are very glass cannon. I still see revs up there very consistently.

The only thing I am saying is: The bubble, for an elite skill, is too weak. Maybe it should be replaced with something different altogether, something that is worth a 90s CD. Or keep it and lower the CD.

> @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> I am not saying that warrior is now super weak, by the way. You can still achieve many strips, ESPECIALLY if the fights last, if your support is at least okay, if you position correctly. Thanks to the way warrior strips work, thanks to reduced CD on break enchantments, thanks to warrior survivability skills, it is still valuable. The CC skills may be weak in terms of damage, but they are highly disruptive. Support is still okay, especially since you will be able to bring your support even under high pressure.

>

> The only thing I am saying is: The bubble, for an elite skill, is too weak. Maybe it should be replaced with something different altogether, something that is worth a 90s CD. Or keep it and lower the CD.

That on the other hand might also be an option...did not think about that :D But nevertheless the gameplay i liked is gone....but it would maybe justify the skill....

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> You mean one of the golden childs since release.

>

> Well it was about god kitten time.

Golden child lmao u serious? The warrior in this game is one of thee worst melee specs and is supposed to be THEE melee spec, its meta build is a heal build that does little damage ffs lol. Man the players this game attracts, no wonder its dying.